About The Position
Increase the availability, visibility, velocity, and volume of 21st Amendment beers via making sales calls on retail accounts, educating distributor sales teams and consumers, collaborating with distributor leadership directly to plan and r
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
Territory Planning and Management: Develops, with their Manager, a territory management structure that ensures that markets, distributors, accounts, and consumers are touched with the appropriate frequency. Market times always includes a prepared visit plan that uses anecdotal, VIP, or syndicated data, visits to a defined list of Core Accounts, time spent with distributor reps in work-with settings, and consumer interactions (events, tastings, etc). The Territory Manager is always 100% prepared to sell at all times with samples and support materials. Specific activities include:
- Availability: Sells in new distribution to all on- and off-premise accounts.
- Visibility & Velocity: Sells in volume-enhancing signage and programs to accounts and merchandises products where legal. Calls on off-premise stores during ad periods to ensure distributor display execution is in place.
- Education: Educates distributors, retailers, and consumers in the territory on all general brewery and brand knowledge via distributor sales meeting presentations, ride with responsibilities, retail staff educations, consumer tastings and events.
- Quality: Physically inspects all products in all settings for freshness and ensures all brewery collateral in the market matches brewery Style Guide standards.
- Communication: Writes brief market visit recap emails to distributors and regional manager weekly that list achievements and needed follow-up help. Weekly schedule sent to regional manager only.
- Relationships: Develops and maintains strong relationships with distributor and retail personnel.
- Market Ethics: Acts professionally at all times, is responsible with alcohol, and avoids unsavory sales tactics.
Special Projects: Executes Quarterly Focus, specific strategic programs, and requested implementations by the Regional Sales Manager to include surveys (pricing, distribution, execution, and quality), crew drives, and more.
- 50% of time should be spent with accounts, distributors, or consumers.
- Review VIP data weekly to identify sales opportunities.
- Make 20 or more sales calls per week, 6 of which are on set appointments, to Paint it BLACK sales call standard. Be ready with selling tools in car and sales bag at all times.
- Document all sales calls after each call-in company CRM system.
- Achieve consistently satisfactory progress against quarterly Go-to-Market objectives.
- Core Accounts are physically seen monthly.
- On- & Off-Premise Chain call responsibility as assigned.
- Execute distributor ride-alongs and/or sales calls with distributor team members as available.
- Deliver sales recaps to distributors weekly via email.
- Deliver on Mondays, via email, any market visit recaps and weekly schedule to direct Manager.
Deliver expense reports on time, follow expense guidelines, and stay under budgeted expense spending
Acts as the primary manager of all distributor relationships in the assigned Territory
- Annual Market Plan: Creates, with Direct Manager, an Annual Business Plan (ABP) with all distributors that includes a review of previous results, a brewery branding plan for the upcoming year, program plans, agreed-upon execution objectives, budget, and an overall execution calendar for the upcoming year. Presents the Annual Business Plan to each distributor.
- Business Reviews: Executes Business Reviews with distributors to monitor progress toward goals and solidify or update initiatives. Stays on top of budgets and regularly updates Execution Calendars. Business Review frequency is set by the Direct Manager.
- Distributor Knowledge: Has detailed working knowledge of each distributor partner’s organization, go-to-market system, and contract. Cultivates positive relationships with all members of the management and sales teams.
- Inventory: Monitors distributor inventories and orders.
Reporting: Reports, to Manager, periodically as needed on the following metrics:
- Budget tracking
- Market depletion trends as monitored regularly in VIP
- Distributor execution results vs. calendar objectives
- Anecdotal market results
Quarterly Focus (company goals, new items, seasonal/special item allocations, field quality/pricing/execution surveys, crew drives)
- Communication: Acts as main liaison between sales and marketing, operations, and chains departments.
- Market Ethics and Legal: Always acts professionally, is responsible with alcohol, and avoids ‘gray area’ sales
- Core Deliverables:
- Distributor visits with frequency determined by Manager.
- Create, with Manager, and deliver an Annual Business Plan for all region wholesalers.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with all A wholesalers.
- Execute surveys (pricing, execution, or special projects) 2+ times per year at each region wholesaler
- Phone meetings with Sales & Marketing Representatives to monitor results and assist.
- Quarterly market visits with a scheduled Skill Development Day with each direct report.
- Top 25 Customer Calls and Ride-with responsibilities for territory.
- Implement Quality Control programs and Style Guides.
Event Ambassador hiring and management, or as assigned.
Knowledge & Skill Set Needed:
- Extensive knowledge of product lines and the beverage industry in the assigned territory, specifically local microbreweries and competing distributors.
- Proficient verbal, written, and group communication skills.
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills.
Cicerone Level 1 certification within 3 months of hire date.
21st Amendment Employee Perks:
- Competitive Wages
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life AD&D, Voluntary Life AD&D, LTD
- Prescription Drug Program Options
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- 401K Program
- Job Growth & Training
And of Course….A Monthly Beer Allowance & other perks!
Interested? Apply today!
21st Amendment Brewery provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, 21st Amendment Brewery complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities