About The Position
We were founded to transform the world of cannabis by creating functional highs that help you do all the life stuff better. We launched in 2016, and since then, we’ve advanced from a start-up to Colorado's fastest-growing edibles brand. Our company has been touted by media, industry watchers and consumers as one of the most exciting brands in the cannabis space. This is an incredible time of expansion for 1906 and we are rapidly growing beyond Colorado. We are currently seeking long-term, committed and enthusiastic team members to grow with us. 1906 offers a competitive salary, incentive bonuses based on performance, and competitive health and wellness benefits.
1906 is simply the most innovative brand in cannabis and a major challenger in the wellness space. In the last two years we have quintupled revenue, released a six formula new product line novel in the market, created the world’s first edible for cognitive focus, and expanded to multiple new states.
Our marketing team is seeking a social media guru that will take on the role of our Director of Social Media Marketing!
The 1906 Social Media Guru has a unique and exciting opportunity to participate in shaping the 1906 brand. You have an excellent command of, managing, growing and developing a brand presence across all social media platforms. You will manage and execute engaging content on social media with the aim of community growth and engagement. You will identify emerging trends and activate quickly to drive conversation, collaborating with influencers, field and sales teams, and other cross-functional teams to hit real-time opportunities and trends.
Along with a passion for storytelling and attention to detail, you must have social media experience and a proven history of growing social audiences. This role is intended for someone who cares deeply about cannabis and wellness, has strong writing skills, knowledge of analytical tools, and is enthusiastic about joining an agile team. You have an eye for powerful visuals, understand how data can inform a smart editorial and social strategy, and are an expert at juggling multiple projects, managing deadlines, distilling social numbers into actionable insights, and advocating for strong social content across the organization.
The Social Media Guru is responsible for supporting all aspects of the 1906 social media strategy – from daily responsibilities supporting our platforms to long term project support - developing new platforms, increasing community engagement, expanding our brand awareness, and up-leveling our content. This person will be critical to growing 1906’s integrated social media strategies that complement the brand’s overarching business goals while learning, evaluating, and reacting based on analytics. The Social Media Guru should be highly motivated, creative, enthusiastic, extremely organized and have strong communication and project management. This person must possess a fluency for internet culture and trends across multiple communities and be adept in managing and overseeing video content. This person must have a creative, out of the box mindset, while at the same time have an understanding and respect for brand reputation.
HOW WE WORK:
We are a lean team who pivots quickly to respond to market changes, real-time retail needs, consumer input, tech breakthroughs, and larger cultural shifts. We create our own “briefs”, often on the spot, change direction on a dime, have impromptu collaboration sessions with the founders and maintain an experimental, iterative and non-siloed creative culture.
Social Media Strategy
- Be the point of reference for 1906’s social media presence and channel management.
- Develop social media strategy and guidelines for content.
- Artfully weave together creativity with analytical thinking in order to support social media strategy that achieves brand, marketing and sales objectives.
- Actively track the competitive landscape and trends.
- Serve as a trendsetter with respect to emerging technology, trends and platforms. Understand the ever-evolving nature of social media and obsess over keeping 1906 at the forefront of innovation, trends and “cool” factor.
- Oversee, manage and monitor all 1906’s social channels including social, text, email, blog, and more platforms to be added as we grow. Onboard and creatively guide community managers as needed.
- Support influencer strategy including influencer outreach and UGC coverage.
- Interact with the 1906 audience and respond to comments and DMs in a timely manner, ensuring 100% response rate.
- Safeguard and grow social media channels by building awareness while breaking through with trends and exciting new content
- Lead all aspects of community management: interact directly with global audience and diligently respond to inquiries, while continuing to partner with field and sales teams to deliver a consumer-centric experience.
- Work with an influencer team to cultivate a robust rolodex of engaged influencers, both micro and macro who identify with brand values and can clearly express industry differentiation.
- Manage external influencer content program for branded content development on both owned and earned channels; own workflow, briefing and asset delivery.
Content Creation and Management
- Create social campaigns with marketing team
- Develop new and creative highly engaging content to establish and grow new audiences.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure content is aligned with brand aesthetics and tone.
- Manage an editorial calendar including but not limited to brand content, UGC and content provided by other departments and strategic partners.
- Plan editorial content weekly.
- Manage the social media content calendar and posting schedule for all social platforms, ensuring we are being both proactive and reactive to opportunities in real time. Own the update and approval process for any changes that arise.
- Partner with creative teams to develop brand-right captions and messaging.
- Contribute ideas for seasonal activations and marketing support.
- Create thoughtful, innovative, informative and entertaining content for brand, product and lifestyle campaigns, in partnership with our creative, digital and storytelling teams.
- Mine social platforms for relevant UGC and opportunities with creators.
- Create the dashboards and tools to produce quantified reporting and analytics.
- Speak and report on performance metrics in support of global social strategy.
- Develop weekly and monthly reports that track progress and opportunities.
- Create recaps following events, product launches, gifting initiatives and key activations.
- Manage budget tracking, invoicing and accounting for all social media expenditures including influencer payments and social shoot production costs.
- 7+ years of demonstrated excellence in growing organic social media brand presence.
- Professional experience with video editing tools and asset creation.
- Social native and digitally minded.
- Strong social media content creation skills, with an ability to tell stories in a unique, short-form and culturally interesting way.
- Experience working with consumer-facing brands.
- Experience leading project workstreams.
- Experience collaborating within dynamic and matrixed organizations.
- Customer-obsessed mindset with a strong intuition of what resonates while still being mindful of brand relevance and messaging.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills including quick-turn/rapid-response communications.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and can multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated creativity, with effective communication skills to bring problem-solving and ideas to a broad audience.
- Strong project management/execution/organizational skills.
- Strong copywriting skills with ability to quickly adopt, shift & evolve editorial tone of voice; editorial or copywriting experience mandatory.
- Must complete an edit test (writing samples are a plus!)
- Able to work outside standard working hours (occasional evenings and weekends)
- Early adopter of social trends with a passion for innovation
- Creative problem-solver who is solution oriented and can hone their creative eye.
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate effectiveness of content and programs.
- Strong creative judgment to recognize engaging, and on-brand content (visuals/copy)
- $80,000 - $125,000 base salary (dependent on experience), plus annual bonus based on performance
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% employer paid medical insurance for employees
- Dental and vision benefit options
- 410k plus 4% employer match
- Unlimited growth potential in one of the fastest growing industries! Cannabis is expected to hit $100 Billion in sales by 2030.
Position type: Exempt, Full-Time
Equal Opportunity: 1906 New Highs is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age over 40, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other applicable