About The Position
Hello! We were founded to transform the world of cannabis by creating functional highs that help you do all the life stuff better. We launched in 2016, and since then, we’ve advanced from a start-up to Colorado's fastest-growing edibles brand. Our company has been touted by media, industry watchers and consumers as one of the most exciting brands in the cannabis space. This is an incredible time of expansion for 1906 and we are rapidly growing beyond Colorado. We are currently seeking long-term, committed and enthusiastic team members to grow with us. 1906 offers a competitive salary, incentive bonuses based on performance, and competitive health and wellness benefits.
1906 is simply the most innovative brand in cannabis and a major challenger in the wellness space. In the last two years we have quintupled revenue, released a six formula new product line novel in the market, created the world’s first edible for cognitive focus, and expanded to multiple new states.
Our marketing team is seeking a Creative Director!
We are seeking an ambitious creative director who loves a challenge and loves to push the boundaries. The creative director will report to the CEO and CCO; and work closely with designers, project managers, social media strategist, and a variety of other freelancers and internal teams including sales, retail and media teams.
HOW WE WORK:
We are a lean team who pivots quickly to respond to market changes, real-time retail needs, consumer input, tech breakthroughs, and larger cultural shifts. We create our own “briefs”, often on the spot, change direction on a dime, have impromptu collaboration sessions with the founders and maintain an experimental, iterative and non-siloed creative culture.
- Lead the strategic development and execution of all integrated marketing initiatives/campaigns for all channels and know how to craft compelling brand stories and strategies.
- Work with Retail and Sales leaders to align on sales and retail goals and develop content and messaging for all channels - digital, media, web, email, collateral, events and all other campaign content.
- Brief all initiatives to art director, writer, designers and social media strategist.
- Brand steward and in charge of visual identity while overseeing brand guidelines. Build and expand on the visual design.
- Develop creative campaigns from concept to execution across all marketing channels.
- Mentor and motivate mid-level designers in art direction and design principles.
- Oversee all design projects across multiple formats including web, video, print, email, retail displays, communication. Ensure consistency of design across all creative executions.
- Develop creative briefs and work with the company to guide understanding on our messaging through visual and verbal representation.
- Provide creative direction on branding, marketing including sales collateral, investor and digital and video advertising.
- Foster inspiration and creative ideas that lead to creative marketing programs to support product and market launches.
- Present ideas to our partners, both verbally and visually.
- Ability to embrace new industry trends, emerging technology, and best practices.
- 10 years of agency experience leading teams
- Prior experience as a creative director, copywriter, and or art director in an advertising agency, branding agency or post environment
- Experience working on a wide variety of projects, i.e. live action, animation, editorial, digital, animation, web, environmental, etc.
- Highly skilled at multitasking, usually working across multiple projects at onceExcellent pitch and presentation skills
- Strong creative and technical problem-solving skills
- Be able to keep calm while leading and motivate teams through sometimes changing and high-pressured times
- Excel in a team environment, setting an optimistic tone and building / maintaining positive relationships through strong collaboration efforts.
- New York based candidates preferred
- $175.000 to $250,000 base salary (dependent on experience), plus annual bonus based on performance
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% employer paid medical insurance for employees
- Dental and vision benefit options
- 410k plus 4% employer match
- Unlimited growth potential in one of the fastest growing industries! Cannabis is expected to hit $100 Billion in sales by 2030.
Position type: Exempt, Full-Time
Equal Opportunity: 1906 New Highs is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age over 40, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other applicable