Hello! We were founded to transform the world of cannabis by creating functional highs that help you do all the life stuff better. We launched in 2016, and since then, we've advanced from a start-up to Colorado's fastest-growing edibles brand. Our company has been touted by media, industry watchers and consumers as one of the most exciting brands in the cannabis space. This is an incredible time of expansion for 1906 and we are rapidly growing beyond Colorado. We are currently seeking long-term, committed and enthusiastic team members to grow with us. 1906 offers a competitive salary, incentive bonuses based on performance, and competitive health and wellness benefits. 1906 is simply the most innovative brand in cannabis and a major challenger in the wellness space. In the last two years we have quintupled revenue, released a six formula new product line novel in the market, created the world's first edible for cognitive focus, and expanded to multiple new states. Our finance team is seeking a Controller! This position will be a hybrid work model, with two days ON-SITE in our Denver, CO office.
1906 New Highs is an innovative multi-state operator (MSO) in the fast-growing cannabis edibles industry. We license our suite of experience-focused, plant-based edibles (drops, beans, and chocolate peanut butter cups) to licensee partners in five states: Colorado, Arizona, Oklahoma, Illinois, and Massachusetts. In 2022, we are expanding to more new markets, including Michigan, Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania, New Mexico, and New Jersey. We are adding to our team to support these substantial growth plans.
This new role will help accelerate our team's progress. The Controller
will report to our VP of Finance
, you will direct accounting team activities and priorities including AR, AP, cash management, payroll, fixed assets in accordance with GAAP. Support Executive team with narrated month-end financials (Cash flow, Balance Sheet, Income Statement) and organized close schedules. You will take a proactive approach to accounting system upgrades to enable high utilization across the organization. Ensure all tax obligations are met (sales tax, owner's draws, property) and manage annual external CPA firm audit or financial review. JOB DUTIES:
- Staffs and manages Accounting team, ensuring professional growth and accountability.
- Direct oversight of all GL accounts.
- Liaison to Finance Department and Budget Owners in business.
- Manage capital assets; Ensure proper coding, disposal, amortization and asset tracking.
- File all taxes with city, state or country as applicable in timely, accurate manner. Stay up to date with tax regulations to ensure compliance.
- Manage filing of all documentation and file security.
- Manage annual audit by preparing reconciliations, support schedules and develop on-going readiness plan for future audits.
- Manage company-wide spending accounts, invoice approvals and spending controls.
- Oversee month-end close.
- Distribute monthly financials with notes for executive team review.
- Train all users on various ERP system users. Administrate the system, provisioning user licenses and oversight of upgrades.
- Manage all 3rd party integrations. Suggest new integrations when appropriate. Work with IT Systems Administrator to present upgrades, system process refinements.
- 2 days in office/3 days at home
- Detail oriented, data driven, and thrive in ever-changing environments.
- High integrity and proven performance in all essential duties/responsibilities above
- Higher education degree
- 7+ years accounting management.
- CPA or CMA
- Coachable, and motivated to progress on a fast-growing cannabis industry finance team.
- Working knowledge of IFRS ( preferred)
- Experience in public accounting, pharma, biomedicine, food manufacturing, or similar industries (preferred)
- $120,000 - $175,000 base salary (dependent on experience), plus annual bonus based on performance
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% employer paid medical insurance for employees
- Dental and vision benefit options
- 401k plus employer match
- Unlimited growth potential in one of the fastest growing industries! Cannabis is expected to hit $100 Billion in sales by 2030.
Exempt, Full-Time Equal Opportunity:
1906 New Highs is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age over 40, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other applicable