Position Open - Posted Friday, June 29th 2018
Sales RepresentativeNew York NY Mid-Level Full Time Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Home or Centralized Office: Centralized
- Reports to: Founder
About The Position
Who are we; New York Shuk is a Brooklyn-based artisanal food company, devoted to creating the ultimate handcrafted Middle Eastern pantry staples.
Our line of pantry staples currently includes the Harissa Collection, Middle Eastern Spice Collection and our Signature Preserve Lemon Paste.
We hope to inspire our customers to get into the kitchen and create memorable meals for their families, friends and themselves.
Who you are; We are seeking a highly self-motivated and energetic Sales Representative who is as passionate about our mission as we are. The Sales Representative will be responsible for increasing our reach in grocery and specialty accounts in the New York City Metro area and nationwide. This individual will also be responsible for maintaining and developing sales in these accounts to meet and exceed sales goals and customer satisfaction.
What you’ll do...
- Securing additional placement for New York Shuk in key accounts.
- Promote and establish healthy, positive relationships with said accounts.
- Maintain accurate records regarding account profiles, updated buyer information, competitive activity, and pricing.
- Travel to stores throughout NYC metro area.
- Familiarity with key retailers and buyers in the food, beverage, and hospitality industry.
- Hard working and organized; comfortable taking initiative, juggling multiple deadlines and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively with strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction well and contribute insights and knowledge gained in the field.
- A positive and collaborative attitude; ability to thrive in a team environment, and an interest in becoming a lasting part of the New York Shuk team and growing with us.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Previous brand representation/ sales experience preferred.
You LOVE food- read about it, talk about it, cook when you can and strive to always learn more
6 month commitment