Brescome Barton, Inc.
1933-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
Sales Representatives – Connecticut Shoreline North of New Haven
Commissioned Sales Position
General Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with flexibility to work evening and weekend hours
Position reports to: Zone Manager – Brescome Barton North Division
- Achieves personal sales volume and monthly quotas established by the company by calling on assigned accounts on a weekly basis and meeting with buyer or decision maker.
- Prepares pre-plans day/week strategizing on how best to achieve goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates strong customer orientation by maintaining relationships with all accounts, identifying account opportunities, performing customer business reviews, developing opening orders with new accounts, participating in set-up of new stores, and resolving customer issues by following appropriate administrative processes and company policies; escalating issues to management as appropriate.
- Submits daily orders via IPAD and accesses various reporting tools and analytics through Diveport.
- Works with company in-house and supplier resources to maximize sales performance.
- Reviews and monitors current and historical sales reports, Accounts Receivable working with Credit Department following up as needed. Collects and deposits account payments in accordance with established protocols.
- Completes periodic reports, market surveys, audits or compilation of other market data as required.
- Attends established zone and divisional meetings and tradeshows and/or special events as scheduled (including wine tastings and educational seminars).
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management.
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Operates within established Company procedures and rules; Federal and State regulations.
Requirements & Attributes
- Sales experience directly related in Industry with an understanding of wine, spirits and beer
- Strong sales acumen; field sales experience, familiar with on & off premise atmosphere; ability to close the sale
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or equivalent training and work experience
- Must be a results oriented professional with excellent level of interpersonal skills, listening, verbal/written communication skills use of diplomacy and discretion as well as strong customer service skills
- Effective analytical, presentation and organizational skills; attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks/deadlines and deliver results on a timely basis, exercise independent judgment
- Current and valid CT Drivers License and Insurance coverage and ability to operate a motor vehicle required.
- Ability to travel within assigned territory and to sales meetings
- Thrives in fast-paced, competitive environment.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 28, 2019.
- Reports To Zone Manager – Brescome Barton North Division