Position Open - Posted Wednesday, July 11th 2018
Sales and Marketing Representative, NV (Brooklyn Brewery, 21st Amendment, Funkwerks)Carson City Nevada Relocation Provided Mid-Level Full Time Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Relocation Opportunity
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Reports to: Region Manager
About The Position
Increase the availability, visibility, velocity, and volume of Brooklyn Brewery, 21st Amendment, and Funkwerks beers via making sales calls on retail accounts and educating distributor sales teams and consumers.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
Account Management- 100% of time
The Sales & Marketing Representative acts as the primary face of our business in the assigned territory.
· Territory Planning and Management: Develops, with the Area Sales Manager or Region Manager, a territory management structure that ensures that markets, distributors, accounts, and consumers are touched with the appropriate frequency. Market times always includes a prepared visit plan that uses anecdotal, VIP, or syndicated data, visits to a defined list of Core Accounts, time spent with distributor reps in work-with settings, and consumer interactions (events, tastings, etc). The Brewery Sales & Marketing Representative is always 100% prepared to sell at all times with samples and support materials. Specific activities include:
o New Business: Sells in new distribution to all on- and off-premise accounts.
o Velocity: Sells in volume-enhancing signage and programs to accounts and merchandises products where legal.
o Education: Educates distributors, retailers, and consumers in the territory on all general brewery and brand knowledge via distributor sales meeting presentations, work-withs, retail staff educations, consumer tastings and events.
o Quality: Physically inspects all products in all settings for freshness and ensures all brewery collateral in the market match brewery Style Guide standards.
o Communication: Writes brief market visit recap emails to distributors weekly that list achievements and needed follow-up help.
o Relationships: Develops and maintains strong relationships with distributor and retail people.
o Knowledge: Knows brewery products in detail, has Cicerone Level 1 Certification and TIPS training within three months of hire date, and has a good understanding of local alcoholic beverage laws and industry dynamics.
o Market Ethics: Acts professionally at all times, is responsible with alcohol, and avoids unsavory sales tactics.
o Special Projects: Periodically executes specific strategic programs as needed and requested by the Regional Manager to include surveys (pricing, distribution, execution, quality), crew drives, and more.
· Core Deliverables:
1. 80% of time (4 out of every 5 days each week) should be spent with accounts, distributors, or consumers.
2. Review VIP data weekly to identify sales opportunities.
3. Make 30 or more sales calls per week, 6 of which are on set appointments, to Paint it BLACK sales call standard. Be ready with selling tools in car and sales bag at all times.
4. Achieve consistently satisfactory progress against quarterly Go-to-Market objectives.
5. Core Accounts are physically seen monthly.
6. Document all sales calls after each call in company CRM system.
7. Execute 2+ distributor work withs per month and/or 30+ distributor work-with sales calls per quarter. Work with days should be followed by a professional follow up email.
8. Deliver sales recaps to distributors weekly via email.
9. Deliver expense reports on time, follow expense guidelines, and stay under budgeted expense spending.
· Extensive knowledge of all product lines and the beverage industry in the assigned territory, specifically local microbreweries and competing distributors.
· Proficient verbal, written, and group communication skills.
· Good decision making and problem solving skills.
· Cicerone Level 1 certification (within 3 months of hire date)
This position reports to the Area Sales Manager or Region Manager