RetailerView Full Profile
About The Position
As Retention Marketing Lead, you will be in charge of improving all aspects of our business that touch churn, LTV, and purchase frequency for our subscription product:
- Lifecycle Marketing / Analytics:
- Be the expert on the customer journey, from onboarding to checkout to retention to referral to win-back
- Interview and survey customers to gather qualitative data
- Pull quantitative data from performance marketing channels, 3rd party analytics, and our own database
- Analyze both quantitative & qualitative data to hypothesize, experiment, and implement improvements as they relate to retention
- Work with our Customer Care team to develop processes that improve retention
- Email Marketing:
- Own all post-purchase email journeys
- Choose and onboard a scalable platform for email marketing
- Design and deploy a scalable framework for continuous A/B testing and iteration
- Continuously write & A/B test email content to improve subscriber engagement
- Product Management:
- Software: Analyze data to identify UX/UI bottlenecks. Work with engineering to improve web/mobile experience as it relates to ordering and reordering.
- CPG: Work with our Director of Operations and Registered Dietitian on all aspects of physical UX as they relate to retention (packaging, formulation, shipping, in-box marketing, etc)
Gainful recently raised a round of funding, and we’ve set aggressive goals for 2019. Your role will change quickly as Gainful grows, and the expectation is that you will hire and lead a team.
- 3+ years experience in retention marketing for a tech-enabled consumer brand
- Experience with conversion optimization and A/B testing across channels
- Inherently analytical and data-driven
- Creative with an eye for design (physical and digital UX/UI)
- Self-motivated. Ability to identify and solve problems without direction.
- Excellent copywriter and communicator
- Experience at a high-growth startup, preferably a tech-enabled consumer brand
- Interest or experience in nutrition, wellness, or food/bev
- Experience in financial modeling, data science, SQL
- Experience in design (Adobe Suite)
- Location: 1161 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 (private WeWork office)
- Hours: Full time, unlimited PTO
- Pay: competitive salary + equity
- Benefits: Anthem Silver PPO Health Insurance (or cash health stipend)
- Lunch every other Friday
- Dog-friendly office
- Free tea, fruit water, coffee, kombucha, beer
- Unlimited Gainful product & swag
- Visa sponsorship: Not available
- Start Date: March 2019
Gainful (Gainful.com) makes personalized protein powder, delivered directly to your doorstep.
Gainful was born from a simple realization: the fitness industry is inherently backward. More money is spent on telling people how they should look than on helping people reach their goals. We understand that everyone is unique. That’s why we created a product that helps you reach your goals – not set your goals for you
Gainful launched in 2017 and is backed by some of the world's best venture investors, including Y Combinator, Soma Capital, Dorm Room Fund, and BrandProject.