Position Open - Posted Thursday, August 9th 2018
Regional Manager - New York, Heritage CollectionNew York New York Mid-Level Full Time Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Range: DOE
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Reports to: Director
About The Position
The purpose of this position is to passionately establish, distinguish, and grow the Trinchero Family Estates (TFE) Heritage Collection Fine Wine portfolio in the markets assigned with primary focus on New York City. The position will report to the Director of the Heritage Collection and work in conjunction with the local TFE sales teams and Heritage Collection marketing team in a joint effort to reach company objectives.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Key Account and Brand Building Responsibilities
- Establish a firm understanding of TFE wines and high-end spirits in order to be a resource and fine wine mentor to the TFE field team.
- Identify and build account partnerships in the top 100 accounts, restaurants and wine shops, in the market area assigned.
- Integrate best practices with fellow team members through regular communication and consistent follow up.
- Work with local TFE and distributor sales teams to identify and work industry events that highlight our Fine Wine portfolio.
- Train, educate and motivate both TFE and Distributor sales teams.
- Organize and manage local market consumer and trade educational events as needed, including wine tastings, staff trainings and wine dinners.
- Utilize brand partners and personnel to creatively build customer loyalty and brand equity through events that differentiate us from the competition.
Other Functions and Wine Knowledge Requirements
- Passionate about wine and Trinchero Family Estates.
- Comfort working on a high-performance, fast-paced entrepreneurial team.
- Detailed oriented, highly organized with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Relationship driven with highly developed follow up and follow through skills.
- Ability to deliver strong presentations in an entertaining and educational manner.
- Training and team building skills.
- Proficient working within a budget.
- A desire for continuing wine education, through accreditations, classes or tasting groups to keep current with industry trends.
- Knowledge of wine and wine regions that goes beyond the current TFE and Heritage Collection portfolio.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent as proven by work history and wine education certifications from one or more wine education organizations (e.g. WSET, SWE, etc.).
- 5+ years selling a diverse wine portfolio with a minimum of 3 years focused on fine wine.
- Experience working for a distributor or managing a beverage program with an established fine wine portfolio.
- A solid understanding of fine wines and experience in selling wines at higher prices.
- Strong local market knowledge with existing relationships with key on/off premise accounts and sommelier community preferable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and partner with clients and co-workers.
- Ability to work independently and willingness to work full-time, non-traditional hours.
- Ability to conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner.
- Ability to move about the city environment using various forms of transportation while carrying multiple bottles of wine.
- Practical knowledge of the New York City grid and its transportation options to get around efficiently.
- Clean driving record and good credit history.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and web-based reporting tools.
- Ability to create customized sales presentations and deliver them effectively to local sales teams to generate sales.
- Frequent long and irregular hours
- Frequent travel (both short and long distance)
- Frequent computer work
- Continuously varying work sites (various distributor locations)
- Frequent phone calls
- requent time in market carrying wine