Position Open - Posted Tuesday, May 22nd 2018
Purchasing & QA AssistantTorrance California Entry Level Full Time Operations
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Home or Centralized Office: Centralized
- Reports to: TBD
About The Position
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Align with ELF’s mission and values and convey this message to prospective and current customers with a positive, energetic attitude.
Ensures Essential Living Foods is compliance with local, federal laws and regulatory issues. Maintain certification with appropriate programs. Supports the OPS department with various projects.
- Submit Purchase Orders to suppliers based on forecast and follow up with vendors.
- Maintain records of purchase (COA, BOL’s and PODs).
- Analyze and approve freight cost for domestic purchases.
- Assist with imports/exports for international shipments.
- Tracking of shipments from point of purchase until final destination.
- Maintain certification assisting with submitting documentation to our certifying bodies (CCOF, Gluten Free, Non- GMO, Kosher, Vegan).
- Assist with approving suppliers based on their certifications.
- Maintain complaint log.
- Submit required documentation to our manufacturer(s).
- Purchase office supplies.
- Maintain office inventory.
- Prepping for visitors/meetings.
- High School Diploma.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in computer office systems Word, Excel and NetSuite highly desired.
- Attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and ethics.
- Able to work independently without constant supervision.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed for this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
- 3 weeks vacation per year
- 1 week paid sick time per year
- 3 days bereavement a year
- 3 days paid jury duty a year
- Health, dental and vision: the company will cover 80% of the employee insurance + 50% of family. You will be eligible, according to our benefit plan, on the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
- 401k: 3.5% matching
- Contribution - Matching
- 1% - 1%
- 2% - 2%
- 3% - 3%
- 4% or higher - 3.5%
- 9 paid holidays:
- New Year's Eve
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve Day
- Christmas Day