ManufacturerView Full Profile
About The Position
Vital Leaf is seeking a Production Manager to oversee all areas of production, create streamlined production SOP’s, and work closely with suppliers and manufacturing partners to ensure proper levels of finished inventory. This position is responsible for ensuring the company’s products meet quality standards and are shelf ready to meet the companies rapid growth. The Production Manager supervises and works closely with production staff, to ensure all Vital Leaf products meet company standards.
Along with a resumé, candidates must submit a written cover letter that demonstrates prior experience and alignment with company values. Candidate must have at least 5 years of applicable professional experience with positive references.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring a timely and efficient production department. Utilizing company sales forecasts to ensure sufficient finished inventory at all times.
- Oversee management of all areas of production to produce products and direct activities so that approved products are provided on-schedule and within cost, quality and safety standards and objectives.
- Work with Production Coordinator to ensure timely procurement and levels of source materials, raw ingredients, and packaging for production while keeping impeccable notes on orders, receipts and production
- Research and source raw materials, solicit bids, and obtain prototypes for R&D as needed.
- Assist company senior staff in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Establish procedures for maintaining high standards of food production operations to ensure that products conform to established quality standards.
- Accurately forecast the companies production calendar and raw material needs based on sales cycle
- Act as liaison between sales and operations department management/subordinate levels,
- Ensure accurate materials, inventory, and pricing data in company ERP/IMS system
- Continuously track all federal hemp rules and regulations to ensure compliance with any FDA.
- Lead effort to obtain certifications for all products and/or company, including B-Corp status, Organic Certification, and other Certification Programs as the executive team sees fit to pursue, such as Fair Trade or Regenerative designations.
- Ensure adherence to OSHA, GMP, SQF, Food Safety and facility compliance while meeting operational goals and continuously improving production.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience overseeing production in a Food Production or Natural Products industry
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have excellent Spreadsheet skills with experience using and creating formulas
- Strong experience using ERP or similar software to track inventory and production
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Drive, Sheets, & Docs)
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field or equivalent professional qualification
- Must display a passion for growing a business
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude in fast paced, changing environment
- Experience actively supervising and motivating a team
- Ability to Interact with team members, customers, vendors and business partners in a professional and cooperative manner
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Able to prioritize and actively manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines
GENERAL EXPERIENCE & TRAITS
An upbeat, positive, can-do attitude. We are looking for someone completely committed to an optimistic work environment and collaboration amidst company growth and an ever-changing industry. Must be comfortable working in a startup environment with a high level of ambiguity and change without getting overwhelmed easily.
Customer-focused. Prioritizes the customer experience and perspective, striving to deliver clean, effective, and attractive messaging and designs to capture the target customer base and support company efforts to be a trusted household brand.
Resourceful & strategic. Shows initiative and resourcefulness to solve problems recognizes and resolves issues that are ambiguous or challenging and able to identify alternatives and present approaches to solve complex problems while thinking in terms of contingency plans. This person does not let obstacles stand in their way and utilizes available resources.
Mature communicator. Both written and verbal communication is clear, organized, respectful, considerate, timely, and effective. When confusion or conflict arises, candidate is talented at finding solutions, working through issues, and maintaining strong relationships both internally and externally.
Team-oriented, honest, and reliable. Candidate can show a track record of cultivating collaborative partnerships at all levels and departments of an organization.
Detail oriented. Detail-oriented and organized, especially in writing and communication. Pays attention to detail in regards to product information such as pricing, discounts, payment terms, ingredients, order quantities, and shipping/billing information.
- Effective time management. Candidate must manage time and multiple tasks effectively and be willing to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
Technically Competent - This position requires the candidate be computer savvy and proficient with CRM applications, google drive, word processing, and spreadsheets.
WORKING AT VITAL LEAF, INC - COMPANY CULTURE & VALUES
This position, like all of our positions, must maintain a superior level of service to fellow employees, company partners, vendors, and customers. Vital leaf team members are expected to represent the company by adhering to higher values of transparency and accountability, as well as demonstrating clear and respectful communication skills within the organization and externally. Our people treat each other, our customers, and our vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness, and respect. By valuing diverse styles and skills, recognizing each individual’s contribution, and staying open to each other’s perspectives, vital leaf cultivates an environment of innovation and collaboration—which pays off in the way we solve problems together to further create an amazing company culture. Each of us is committed to supporting a culture of vitality and committed to bringing this exceptional brand on a national level.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, email your resumé, cover letter, and 2-3 references to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. Upon acceptance of this position, the candidate will uphold the values of the company and sign an employee agreement confirming their accordance with all the terms herein.
It is the policy of Vital Leaf not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Reports To Director of Operations
- Direct Reports 1