About The Position
We are a regional consumer brand company located in Southeast Louisiana looking for a Packaging Maintenance Manager to join our team. The Packaging Maintenance Manager is responsible for maintaining the plant equipment as it relates to the packaging line. This will include planning, directing, scheduling and controlling the efforts of the Packaging Maintenance team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Accountable for the preventive maintenance program, and maintenance of production equipment; full responsibility for team maintenance of EAM asset-management online system.
· Develops, trains, maintains, and administers an organization qualified to maintain all equipment in a safe and efficient working condition.
· Responsible for coordinating repair work through the Packaging Manager around the production schedule.
· Executes an effective preventive maintenance program to minimize unscheduled down time.
· Maintains all operating equipment in satisfactory condition.
· Analyzes cost of proposals to reduce operating costs.
· Develops objectives and standards of performance for projects within the department required to meet corporate goals and objectives.
· Plans and provides for an adequate supply and ensures control over spare parts and maintenance supplies within an updated inventory listing.
· Oversees department budget and ensures all work completed is within budget parameters.
· Keeps and updates equipment records and procedures such as equipment manuals, schematic drawings, and drawings.
· Ensures that all equipment and installations and/or modifications meet or exceed all regulatory agency i.e. (FDA, OSHA, ADA, EPA) standards and complies with all
Company policies and/or procedures.
· Adheres to all Quality, Safety and GMP policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity.
· Off-shift and weekend maintenance planning, assignment and coverage by maintenance team.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
· Flexible to work a rotating schedules as business needs arise (typical workweek = 45 hours).
· Position requires standing for long periods of time (10 to 12 hours), bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching, upper body and arm rotation, arm extension,
twisting, and lifting products and materials weighing up to 50 pounds and pulling up to 70 pounds.
· Very high noise levels in/around bottling line (ear protection required).
· Exposure to various temperature changes.
· Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (earplugs, gloves, boots, etc.).
· Able to climb ladders and work at elevated heights.
· Have an eye for detail and be able to meet deadlines.
· Oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative.
· Purchase supplies and maintain an organized supply storage area.
· Ability to perform all functions of the Maintenance Department.
· Work with office equipment such as computers, phones, fax machines and copiers.
Supervision of Others
This position is responsible for leading, developing and coaching all direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job effectively. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· BS degree in Engineering or other related field is preferred. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative
· Five or more years of experience in a related field with background and experience in maintenance of equipment and facilities
· Knowledge of computers (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Budget management proficiency.
· Demonstrated ability in planning and organizing, controlling coordinating and directing a Maintenance team
· Must be at least 21 years of age and eligible to work in the United States