Importer and ManufacturerView Full Profile
About The Position
Hiro Sake, a fast-growing premium brand that is changing the way consumers think about sake, is seeking a dynamic and energetic off-premise sales representative who will lead sales and distribution of the product portfolio in New York City and nearby markets in New Jersey. Previous experience in wine and spirits sales is required. The role requires constant interaction with local distributors, securing new accounts to expand distribution, and visiting existing accounts with the objective of accelerating growth. The sales representative will be primarily responsible for the achievement of sales and distribution targets.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visit accounts daily (average of 7-10 accounts a day) and present Hiro Sake portfolio
- Execute sales plans and special promotions towards the achievement of sales goals
- Service existing accounts to get re-orders and/or set up demos and tastings.
- Seek new business opportunities and new accounts for Hiro
- Establish and maintain positive working relationship with distributor teams
- Attend and participate in general sales meetings and training programs
- Conduct and manage in-store tastings (minimum of 12 per month)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 4 years sales experience in the spirits and wine industry. This is an absolute requirement. Candidates who do not have experience in selling wine, beer, or spirits to off-premise accounts will not be considered.
- Knowledge of the New York City and New Jersey markets. We are looking for someone who can be up and running from day one and can leverage existing account relationships and market understanding.
- Proactive self-starter who takes initiative and works well in less structured environments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively persuade, update, and/or facilitate discussions customers, distributors, and all level of management
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and distributor teams.
- Highly organized and able to plan workload around multiple assignments
- Passion for sales and growing brands
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Possession of or ability to secure and maintain a valid driver’s license and auto-liability insurance in accordance with state laws
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the role which include a substantial amount of walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping
Note: This is a pure sales role, not a marketing job. We are seeking candidates who have a passion for selling and proven track record of increasing sales and distribution in the spirits and wine industry and who are interested in joining an exciting and fast-growing brand.