Position Open - Posted Thursday, August 9th 2018
NY/NJ Area Sales ManagerNew York New York Entry Level Full Time Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Range: $60,000-$80,000
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Reports to: Director of Sales
About The Position
Reporting directly into the Director of Sales, the Area Sales Manager for NYC will be responsible for all merchandising and sales initiatives with key grocery customers in the NYC metro area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Execute sales and merchandising plans that maximize opportunities for the brand in grocery customers in NYC and potentially the greater Tri-State area.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with distributor partner personnel, key accounts within specified territory and execute distribution targets and promotion support programs in concert with all channels of trade.
- Develop and maintain distributor and account contacts at key retailers to ensure product availability, frozen and fresh bakery merchandising and to maximize display opportunities in conjunction with scheduled promotions.
- Work in conjunction with established marketing programs to coordinate store events and/or local events to expand brand visibility.
- Identify new opportunities in all channels and make recommendations for business expansion
- Monitor, analyze and manage operating results against budget, prior year and forecast.
- Maintain thorough understanding of customer and competitive category environment by frequent market visits.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NEEDED:
- 1-2 years of experience in the food or beverage industry in a sales or merchandising capacity
- Experience working with DSD partners is a huge plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including exhibiting competency in presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, PowerPoint and Excel
- Attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills
- High sense of urgency, proactive, positive, outgoing, competitive, resilient and flexible
- Results-oriented and self-motivated
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Business – Sales or Marketing concentration
Ideal candidates will not only love the field of work they are in, but they will be passionate about it, have fun with it, appreciate the value they add to their team and continually strive to make a difference as an employee. They will be 100% focused and devoted to their craft, without taking things too seriously. They must be willing to roll up their sleeves, be strong willed, detailed driven, and highly motivated and dedicated to growing the brand. All candidates MUST be highly solutions driven.