About The Position
Very successful wine and spirits supplier continues to expand. Many opportunities.
Prospective Candidate must live in the Oklahoma City, OK area.
Seeking a Market Sales Manager position (entry level). The Market Sales Manager is responsible for delivering volume, distribution and merchandising for the area. Responsibility covers all channels of business, in both On an Off-Premise.
- Primary responsibility is sales to the on and off-premise accounts.
- Participate, with the Regional Sales Manager / State Manager, in the development and execution of annual sales plan for assigned geographic territory.
- Manage Company brand portfolio within assigned geography.
- Actively develop and manage relationships with wholesaler personnel
- Ensure the planning and implementation of sales programming.
- Ensure POS and other marketing assets are utilized in the field with correct programs.
- Call on and activate Key Accounts in the market under the direction of the State Manager.
- Implement creative programs to activate the consumer, including product sampling, etc.
- Spend time each month surveying the market to ensure that distribution, pricing, POS, displays, programs, menus and ads are executed to standard.
- Travel when appropriate to observe business conditions and to call key buyers, distributor personnel, and interact and work with Company sales personnel.
- Participate in Company and wholesaler planning and sales meetings.
- Ensure all Company SKUs are priced properly and within defined standards.
- Sample / taste customers on our products
- Arrange third-party in-store tastings
- Conduct distributor general sales meetings and individual district manager meetings to ensure brands are top of mind
- Entry level position
- A minimum of 6 months - 3 years’ experience in the beverage alcohol industry.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to direct the Company brands.
- Strong key account negotiation skills.
- Existing relationships with wholesaler management a plus.
- Ability to function effectively in an intimate, entrepreneurial business environment.
- Objective-oriented, focused, individual who needs little direction or supervision; energy and enthusiasm are critical.
- Excellent planner and organizer.
- Willing to be very “hands-on” to get the job accomplished.
- Computer literate with Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly verbal, including strong presentation skills.
Prospective candidate must live in the Oklahoma City, OK area.
If you feel that you possess the qualities that are necessary to be a supplier Market Sales Manager and have the organizational, communication and professionalism, then please submit your resume along with a cover letter.