Promotional AgencyView Full Profile
About The Position
Acting as the “face of the brands,” the Glenmorangie & Ardbeg Regional Brand Ambassador is responsible for building the brand in the hearts and minds of consumers and the trade, executing the US brand strategy through education and training, engagement, and relationship development.
With a strong understanding of the commercial drivers that underpin brand building, the Brand Ambassador’s primary objective is to drive distribution and velocity; supporting the wider Sales team by performing a variety of trade and consumer trainings and tastings, in line with the brand and product communication guidelines. They will develop and maintain relationships with key retailers, on- and off-premise accounts and Scotch Whisky influencers to inspire, educate, build reputation, and improve distribution and visibility of Glenmorangie and Ardbeg. They will also support the brand team in the implementation of distribution strategy and marketing initiatives.
The Regional Brand Ambassador will cover Metro and Upstate New York, Washington DC, Maryland, Delaware, Colorado, and Arizona.
Build the brands in the hearts and minds of Distributors & Sales team (40%)
- Drive internal excitement and knowledge around the brands, translating into an ‘unfair share’ of focus and attention from key stakeholders:
- Work with and build strong relationships with distributor sales team, Strategic Group Portfolio Specialists and Mixology Ambassadors, and Moet Hennessy local market teams
- Conduct brand and product trainings with internal teams and Distributor sales teams
- Support Distributor Sales team on account calls and blitzes, acting as the brand expert
- Focus on growing visibility in on- and off-premise accounts (i.e., menu features, promotions).
Trade Education & Advocacy (30%)
- Create brand evangelists in the trade, making key decision makers and influencers fall in love with our brands:
- In close relationship with the Moët Hennessy Region Business Development Managers, train bartenders, wait-staff (on premise), account managers, and personnel (off premise).
- Conduct tasting & training programs.
- Develop relationships with key accounts and retailers to maximize Glenmorangie and Ardbeg’s visibility and ensure flawless execution of programs and label transitions.
- Leverage personal relationships to support Moët Hennessy sales team effort and develop Scotch Whisky business.
Consumer Education & Advocacy (25%)
Bring the brands to life in market, activating against brand guidelines to engage and excite consumers, leaving them with lasting impressions of their experience:
- Host key consumer events (dinners, master classes, Whisky Fairs, etc.) as well as private client/B2C events.
- Conduct tastings in partnership with off premise retailers.
- Develop and foster a network of whisky enthusiasts, clubs, and HNWI
Support Brand Team in Implementing Brand Programs (5%)
Act as an expert voice on what happens on the ground, understanding how strengths and weaknesses of the brands can help us address opportunities and threats in the marketplace to achieve objectives:
- Help Brand Managers and Business Development Managers identify key business opportunities
- (new accounts, partnerships, events). Alert the team with any issue and/or opportunity.
- Help Brand Team identify and establish relationship with key gatekeepers: star reviewers, specialized press editors, trade influencers.
- 5+ years of experience in the brown spirits category, with strong understanding of the production process.
- WSET Level 2 or equivalent certification.
- Established network of buyers, bartenders and decision makers in Metro NY.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Good understanding of the three-tier system of alcohol distribution.
- Language: English fluency.
- Availability for domestic travel 30% of time.
- Willingness to work evening hours and weekends; when needed.
- Position based in Manhattan/Metro NY.
- Reports To TBD