Position Open - Posted Thursday, August 9th 2018
Financial ControllerChicago IL Executive Level Full Time Finance/Accounting
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Range:
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Reports to: C.F.O.
- Number of Reports: 1
About The Position
- To oversee the accounting functions and internal controls at the highest level of management
- To provide accurate, secure and timely recording and reporting of business activities
- To work alongside the executive management team and provide informative business financial information and coordinate business financial planning and budget management functions
- To insure the company is in compliance with state and federal license and taxing authorities
- To maximize return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems in adherence with GAAP
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits as needed
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, consolidating financial data and recommending plans
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by working collaboratively with a collective common goal in mind.
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures to financial management, budget, and accounting.
- Supervises and participates in preparation of various financial statements and reports. Reviews financial statements with partners.
- Reviews and directs the processing of all accounting functions.
- Reviews and reconciles all general ledger entries.
- Directs and participates in cost analyses & rate studies. Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenue.
- Prepares cash balances report for partners and explores cash management opportunities.
- Interacts with third parties in matters pertaining to accounting issues.
- Assist the consulting CPA firm in the preparation of all year-end data and journal entries required for tax purposes and preparation of investor K-1s and related documents.
- Involvement in various accounting projects as directed by management.
Qualifications: SIP is a small team of highly seasoned spirits professionals. We are entrepreneurial, self-driven and ambitious. We work as a team and share in success.
Education: General business education and knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Experience: CPA and 5-8 years of progressive work experience in accounting and financial analysis
Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with foreign currency and consolidated financial statements
- Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to help achieve departmental and company goals.
- Cost Consciousness: Works within approved budget. Conserves organizational resources.
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestions for improving work, develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation
- Timeliness/accuracy/thoroughness in completing assigned work projects
- Accuracy/thoroughness of information
- Understanding of the business issues at hand and their implications for the future of the business
- Works cooperatively with team members to accomplish work
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills for effective work relations with other staff, outside auditors, vendors, etc
- Strong math aptitude/computational and organization skills
- Industry expertise desired, but not mandatory
- Demonstrated proficiency in financial/accounting software