Puerto de Indias
2013-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
Puerto de Indias is a Premium Strawberry Gin, produced in one of Spain’s oldest and most traditional distilleries in Seville. The brand was launched by two entrepreneurial brothers from Seville with the vision to make the Gin occasion more favorable and accessible. The portfolio also includes a traditional Dry Gin called Black Edition.
Puerto de Indias completely disrupted the Gin category in Spain growing to over 500,000 cases in just 5 years to become the fourth largest gin in Spain and the ninth largest Gin brand in the world. Based on the tremendous success in Spain, Puerto de Indias has expanded to over 30 countries throughout the world.
Puerto de Indias launched in the U.S. market in partnership with Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits this Spring and is expanding its U.S. team to support market growth and expansion.
We are looking for an experienced Field Marketing Manager to join our growing team. The position will serve as the guardian of our brand strategy, lead the consumer sampling event process, manage the POS process and ensure that results are effectively amplified on our social media channels. Applicants should possess the skills below as well as a passion for building premium beverage alcohol brands.
The Puerto de Indias Filed Marketing Manager reports directly to the Puerto de Indias U.S. General.
This position works with minimal day to day supervision and a high degree of accountability for results delivery. Self-discipline, organization and independent judgment are required.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the field sales team to provide them with selling tools such are sell sheets, distributor presentations, and chain presentation consistent with the brand strategy guidelines.
- Maintain calendar of market activities and promotions to ensure effective utilization of brand building activities.
- Actively participate in brand promotion and sampling events to ensure superior execution, which often require travel and occur in the evenings or on weekends.
- Manage the production of 6-8 large scale special events per year in our major markets taking the lead on look and feel, production, contract negations, insurance requirements, invoicing, samples, staffing and point of sale martials.
- Provide coordination and direction for the national off-premise tasting program selecting the most effective local agencies, brand story, drink strategy, POS set up, promotional model training, and tracking the event calendars, budgets and results recaps.
- Manage the UK based social media agency partner team to provide U.S. specific content for our social channels and serve as the day to day key contact to monitor results against plan.
- Work closely with the field sales team to create local market social media content from event and account activations.
- Manage the POS ordering process working closely with the production team in Spain and the U.S. sales to identify the most effective materials and quantities to support each market.
POSITION SKILLSET REQUIREMENTS
- Prior beverage industry marketing or promotion experience.
- Ability to work independently and to plan time and activities on an entrepreneurial team.
- Detailed oriented while able to see and understand the bigger picture.
- Ability to plan, manage and track budgets as well as results against them.
- Strong experience utilizing social media tools and channels to amplify brand building results.
- Willing to work full-time and travel with non-traditional hours for events as needed.
- Demonstrated computer, communication and presentation skills.
- Spanish heritage and language skills preferred but not required.
- College degree preferred.
- Reports To U.S. General Manager