About The Position
As the Director of Procurement, the right individual will lead raw material planning and purchasing, as well as inventory management. This will include ensuring the timely delivery of materials for production, while maintaining quality standards and optimizing purchase economies.
Founded in 2010 and based in the Austin area, we are a leading manufacturer of clean and green personal care and beauty products. We specializes in natural deodorant, skincare, and facial care products. The company has a wealth of experience in the formulation of these products and can develop according to a variety of guidelines from consumer organizations such as Ecocert to EWG, to retailers such as Credo or Sephora.
We are a certified B Corporation. As such, we balance purpose and profit, considering the impact of decisions across associates, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment. We believe by following this central multi-stakeholder approach, we are creating optimal value for each stakeholder while leaving the world a better place.
You are charismatic, confident, and naturally curious. You are a fast learner, self-starter and love to play your part to help the team win. You thrive in a dynamic and fast-changing environment. You have deep and proven procurement and supply chain success within the manufacturing of consumer products.
What You’ll Do
- Lead procurement to ensure all of our production materials are purchased at optimal cost, quality, and on-time.
- Project manage the continuous supply of required goods and materials, properly and promptly communicating any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
- Develop deep relationships with new and existing key suppliers to negotiate the best terms for raw material sourcing and supply chain durability.
- Collaborate closely with R&D, Regulatory and our Partnerships team to support the sourcing, sampling and pricing of raw materials for the development of new products.
- Maintain all PO’s and related communications, including pulling from blanket orders, inputting and executing client facing PO’s and confirming delivery on all orders with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Create and maintain KPI’s and related management reporting to clearly and crisply illustrate status across projects and objectives.
What We Require
- Six to eight years of proven success in procurement, supply chain, or strategic sourcing roles.
- Meaningful experience in vendor relationship management, including price and contract negotiations.
- Deep understanding of process manufacturing from a supply chain perspective, within the world of consumer products. Cosmetic or beauty category experience preferred.
- Fluency in using an ERP software solution, such as SAP, or NetSuite.
- Strong time management skills.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science, MBA preferred.