Position Open - Posted Thursday, August 9th 2018
Director - DC/MD/VA, Heritage CollectionWashington District of Columbia Senior Level Full Time Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Range: DOE
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Reports to: Division Vice President
About The Position
The purpose of this position is to passionately establish, distinguish and grow the Trinchero Family Estates (TFE) Heritage Collection in the markets assigned with an initial focus on Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia. The positon will report to the General Manager of the Heritage Collection and work in conjunction with the local TFE sales and Heritage Collection marketing team in a joint effort to reach company objectives.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Key Account & Brand Building Responsibilities:
- Establish a firm understanding of TFE wines and high-end spirits in order to be a resource and fine wine mentor to the TFE field team.
- Identify and build account partnerships in the top 100 accounts, restaurants and wine shops, in the marketing area assigned.
- Integrate best practices with fellow team members through regular communication and consistent follow up.
- Work with local TFE and distributor sales teams to identify and work industry events that highlight our Premium Wine portfolio.
- Train, educate and motivate both TFE and Distributor sales teams.
- Organize and manage local market consumer and trade educational events as needed, including wine tastings, staff trainings and wine dinners.
- Utilize brand partners and personnel to creatively build customer loyalty and brand equity through events that differentiate us from the competition.
Other Functions & Wine Knowledge Requirements:
- Passionate about wine and Trinchero Family Estates.
- Comfort working on a high-performance, fast-paced entrepreneurial team.
- Detailed oriented, highly organized with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to deliver strong presentations in an entertaining and educational manner.
- Training and team building skills.
- Proficient working within a budget.
- A desire for continuing wine education, through accreditations, classes or tasting groups to keep current with industry trends.
- Knowledge of wine and wine regions that goes beyond the current TFE portfolio.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent as proven by work history and wine education certifications from one or more wine education organizations (e.g. WSET, CWE, etc.).
- 10+ years selling a diverse wine portfolio with a minimum of 3 years focused on fine wine.
- Experience working for or managing a distributor with an established fine wine portfolio.
- A solid understanding of fine wines and experience in selling wines at higher prices.
- Strong local market knowledge with existing relationships with key accounts preferable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and partner with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to work independently and willingness to work full-time, non-traditional hours.
- Ability to conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner.
- Clean driving record and good credit history.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and web-based reporting tools
- Frequent long and irregular hours
- Frequent travel (both short and long distance)
- Frequent computer work
- Continuously varying work sites (various distributor locations)
- Frequent phone calls