Position Open - Posted Thursday, August 9th 2018
Chain Sales RepresentativeSan Francisco California Entry Level Full Time Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Range:
- Reports to: Regional Manager
About The Position
Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, craft beer and artisanal spirits for California. Wine Warehouse’s unique brand and category mix is a nationally recognized portfolio in the premium beverage alcohol space. Our dedicated and knowledgeable employees are uniquely qualified to deliver this exceptional portfolio to one of the most sophisticated and demanding markets in the country.
Are you looking to grow a career in the beverage alcohol industry? Do you possess fine wine, spirits and craft beer knowledge? Are you a self-starter that enjoys being out of the office and interacting with customers every day? As a Chain Sales Representative you will be responsible for growing business in Chain accounts such as, Albertsons, Bevmo, and CVS within a designated geographic area. You will do so by cultivating relationships with customers in face to face interactions, designing and directing educational sales campaigns, and collaborating with company supplier partners to achieve monthly sales objectives. Wine Warehouse is currently seeking a Chain Sales Representative for the following area(s):
San Francisco, CA (KD5)
- Sales Representative is responsible for spending 100 % of his or her work time selling company products and engaging in sales related activities that are necessary prerequisites to making sales of company products to local chain store decision makers.
- Sales Representative is given each month a tracking package with sales goals on all Wine Warehouse products for each designated territory. Sales Representative is responsible for achieving or exceeding those sales goals.
- Sales Representative is expected to make sales presentations in all chain stores in the applicable territory. These sales presentations are intended to persuade local store decision makers to purchase company products including, but are not limited to products that are monthly priorities on tracking, cold boxes and shelf placements.
- Selling and tracking all cold box placements. Makes regular sales presentations of Wine Warehouse items including for superior sales placements in all cold boxes in a designated territory.
- Maintaining the sales and distribution of old and new Wine Warehouse products in every chain store in Sales Representative’s sales territory.
- Ordering DSD (Direct Store Delivery) product for all applicable Wine Warehouse Accounts, including, but not limited to, beer, wine, seasonal specialty items, discontinued and promotional items.
- Researching and analyzing the sales trends for each account by chain; understanding the business strategies of each chain; and the practices of each chain decision maker to persuade local chain store decision makers to purchase company products.
- Displaying products sold by the Sales Representative to the store in a specific designated location, for the purpose of increasing product visibility and to promote more product sales and re-orders from the Sales Representative.
- Investigating customer complaints or concerns on product pricing, product availability or matters involving deliveries.
- Preparing and assisting in any and all supplier surveys or ride-withs that are scheduled in any specific territory.
- Effectively using point-of-sale materials to enhance sales by promoting products resulting in additional sales by the Sales Representative to the local store decision maker(s). Sales Representative is required to use and maintain all point-of-sale materials supplied to them by each supplier.
- Ability to manage sales territory and sell company products
- Four (4) year college degree or two (2) years demonstrated sales experience, preferably of wines, beers and spirits
- Demonstrates a commitment to performing the job “the right way” with a high level of attention to details and high personal standards of performance
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Residing within a 10-15 mile radius of the territory is preferred
- Traveling to company-scheduled meetings with a minimum travel time of two (2) hours
- Computer literate – proficient in Microsoft office (Word and Excel), with the ability to utilize company-provided communication systems and devices
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and sales presentation skills
- Can work in the field in a sales territory with minimum supervision
- Must possess valid unrestricted California Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation and good driving record is required
Employee must be able to walk, bend, reach, and lift, if necessary 50 pounds or more. The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with legally recognized disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Visiting accounts (8-10) daily to make sales, attempt to make sales and engage in sales related activities that are necessary prerequisites to making sales of the company products to local chain store decision makes that requires driving and getting in and out of the vehicle
- Must be able to walk, bend, reach, and lift 50 pounds or more
- Building displays in store and cutting cases of product that have been sold by Sales Representative to the store
- Repetitive bending, kneeling, stooping, and occasional climbing is required
- Re-stocking existing displays with new product sold by Sales Representative and replenishing cold boxes from display product sold by Sales Representative, which requires work above the shoulders
- Cutting paper boxes using paper cutter following the specific instructions
- Must wear appropriate footwear that provides comfort and support for driving, bending, stooping and climbing
- Annual base salary plus commission and incentives
- Auto reimbursement and cell phone allowance
- Benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) matching, and paid vacation and holidays