About The Position
The Brewery General Manager is responsible for leading all activities associated with brewing operations including: procurement, planning, scheduling, brewing, packaging, inventory control, maintenance, safety, QA and logistics. All orders for the company’s products must be fulfilled on-time, in accordance with standard costs and error-free. Products include both draft and packaged beer in multiple sku formats. Additionally, the Brewery General Manager is responsible for the staffing, development, training, engagement & growth of the Operational team.
The Brewery General Manager will be expected to continuously implement efficiency practices, track and monitor performance and benchmark against peers. The key performance indicators for this position are brewing and packaging yields, cost of goods sold per barrel, operating expenses, on-time deliveries, inventory management, freight & fulfillment costs, customer complaints and capacity utilization.
Key concepts & operating principles:
• Systems: leverage internal ERP system
• Process: scalable processes documented with SOPs
• Ownership & Accountability: advance planning and stellar execution
• Communication: open, honest, direct, positive, timely
• Learning: Training & Development for hard skills & soft skills; Leadership
• Benchmarking: internal & external
• Efficiency Improvement: drive productivity and efficiency in people, process and procurement initiatives.
• Engagement: Recognition, team-building, cross-functional relationships
• Customer Service: deliver exceptional service to internal & external customers
• Must be a leader
• Customer focused (internal & external customers)
• Focus on both outputs and inputs
• Meeting management: agenda, minutes, action items, follow-up
• Decisions: make decisions necessary in your area, respect decisions made by others
• Project Execution: Plan your projects, lead the effort & own the results
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Direct and coordinate daily operations of the brewery including brewing, packaging and shipping of multiple malt beverage products
· Oversee all levels of staff activity and performance
· Develop processes to increase productivity and enhance performance
· Develop plan for repair and maintenance of brewery equipment including packaging line, refrigeration warehouse, brewing equipment.
· Manage all plant regulatory requirements for operations of an alcohol beverage manufacturer
· Daily interface with multiple department leads such as finance, sales, and marketing
· Develop, measure and monitor efficiency targets to ensure profitability standards
· Participation with team in innovation planning committee
· Manage financial performance of brewing operations.
· Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed at all times
- 10+ years of manufacturing experience with at least 7 years of plant management, operations management or general manager level responsibility. Experience in the brewing industry is preferred.
- University level degree in Business, Engineering, Brewing or a relate discipline. And advanced degree is a plus.
- The individual must have a proven record of effective management and interpersonal skills, including being extremely effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- This position requires effective problem-solving skills and a collaborative approach to solving problems
- Must work effectively in both a team and individual environment. This position requires a strong knowledge of computers especially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Prior understanding and work in an ERP manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated use of tracking and monitoring KPIs is preferred.
You will earn a competitive salary, bonus, a comprehensive benefits package including paid medical, dental, and vision insurance and a 401k.
- Reports To CEO