The Lagunitas Brewing Company
SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
What you'll do:
- Abide by all company safety procedures and participate in safety trainings.
- Follow and develop company SOPs.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in the brewhouse and cellars.
- Pull tank or inline samples and accurately perform tests.
- Clean in Place (CIP) area specific lines and tanks: Brewhouse vessels, 750 BBL unitanks, Brite Beer Tanks.
- Clean Out of Place (COP) of tank parts.
- Communicate and respond to out of specification critical process control points.
- Accurate and legible execution of paperwork and daily computer entries into electronic brew tracker.
- Train new hires on key actions in each department within the brewery.
- Work with Brewing Supervisors and Brewing Managers on special assignments or projects as needed.
- Handle/weigh out raw materials.
- Monitor and respond to alarms for all brewing processes on a Siemens PCS7 Control System.
- Select proper yeast sources for harvesting in such a way that does not delay cellar activities.
- Prepare yeast lines, pumps, and storage vessels for propagation or transfer of yeast.
- Complete yeast harvesting and pitching procedures.
What we're lookin' for:
- Must have the ability to complete a variety of brewing calculations.
- Strong working knowledge of CIP, COP, and sanitizing principles.
- Able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of craft beer and the brewing process.
- Experience working with a 50 BBL or larger brewing system.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic systems, industrial electricity, mechanical power, steam generation and distribution, industrial refrigeration and sanitary process piping and systems strongly preferred.
- Standing and walking during entire shift.
- Lifts and carries supplies, bags up to 55 lbs.
- Reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, carries.
- Forklift/pallet jack proficiency required.