Position Open - Posted Tuesday, July 10th 2018
Beer SpecialistSanta Monica California Entry Level Full Time Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Reports to: Beer Manager
About The Position
Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, beer and spirits for California seeking a FULL-TIME Beer Specialist for the following area(s):
Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Culver City, CA (33Q)
Provides support and assistance to associates for the purpose of enhancing the Company’s beer business. The primary responsibility will be to develop new opportunities for the Wine Warehouse beer portfolio. Focus will be on assisting management in the achievement of Company goals and objectives through field work, educational seminars, sales training, sales coordination, new account openings, and new product placements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned or requested.
- Field work, both with the sales associates and independently, as determined by sales management.
- Events planning and coordination in conjunction with associates, sales management and Beer Division management.
- Assists associates and management in effectively utilizing point of sale materials.
- Trains associates in product knowledge and portfolio management.
- Assists Regional Managers in Supplier relations through ride withs, program management, information dispersal, and during product seminars presentations
- Maintains ongoing contact with key customers in the Region: makes ongoing, scheduled sales calls with key customers for the purpose of presenting and placing new items, selling key program items, selling special focus items, limited availability items, special seasonal items, new draft programs and new brand launches.
- Provides strategic support in draft service
- Works independently with assigned accounts (should not exceed 1 day per week).
- Clears all planned special events with the Regional Manager and the Beer Division Manager.
- Responsible for primary coordination of events for the Region.
- Provides weekly report to Regional Manager of all activities, schedules, ride with results, direct sales placements, new accounts opened, and any other information as requested by the Regional Manager or the Company.
- Conducts a minimum of (1) session per month, scheduled by the Regional Manager, for the purpose of training sales associates in product knowledge and sales techniques.
- All Regional Beer Specialists may be required to spend time in the office assisting with the organization and maintenance of point of sale materials, draft equipment, etc.
- Minimum of 4-5 years progressive sales experience preferably in the beverage industry
- Four-year college degree or equivalent
- Strong business, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make a strong business case without “over-selling”
- Innovative and proactive
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with change
- Demonstrates a commitment to doing it “the right way” with a high level of attention to detail and high personal standards of performance
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Residing within a 10-15 miles radius of the territory is preferable
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Should you require any accommodation; a determination will be made at that time regarding whether such accommodation is reasonable or whether it will create an undue hardship on Wine Warehouse.
- Visiting an average of 8-10 accounts daily, requiring getting in and out of the vehicle, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Handling will-calls: Receiving product from our warehouse and delivering the product to customer(s)
- Placing cases of wine in the trunk of the car – removing each case from the trunk of the car and delivering it to the customer using a hand truck – each case is estimated to weigh 50 pounds or more.
- Handling Draft Accounts. (moving kegs in cold room)
- Repetitive bending, kneeling, stooping, and occasional climbing are required.
- Re-stocking existing displays with new merchandise and replenishing cold boxes from product on display, which requires work above the shoulders.
- Traveling to company-scheduled meetings with a minimum travel time of two (2) hours.
- Wearing appropriate footwear that provides comfort and support for driving, bending, stooping and climbing
- Must be able to hear with specific vision abilities which include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus