SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
Glossier’s Associate Manager of Packaging will lead development of our stellar packaging components in support of our company’s growing product portfolio, on-going innovation and attention to quality. She/he will work closely with the Product Development, Creative Design, Supply Chain and Quality teams to ensure we’re bringing the best customer experiences to life. She/he must be willing to take risks and identify new and innovative packaging solutions to delight our customers.
- Drive new packaging development by delivering on creative design vision and presenting new concepts, technologies and delivery systems back to design
- Manage projects to ensure launch timing, product quality and design integrity, are on time and within agreed upon cost objectives
- Provide comprehensive feasibility of each concept or package that defines function, manufacturability, component cost, tooling estimates, preliminary development lead time, risk and global consistency
- Cross-functionally manage projects across multiple internal and external teams, ensuring collaborative and optimized solutions
- Support Global Supply Chain Managers with timelines, true cost estimates and risk mitigation plans
- Advance vendor base for both packaging components and finished good production processes with new vendor qualifications
- Maintain pulse of industry trends, new technologies and new product packaging
- BS in Packaging Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience in global packaging development
- Detailed knowledge of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging types.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple complex projects in tandem.
- Knowledge of packaging manufacturing and molding processes (i.e. injection molding, extrusion, glass forming, folding cartons, component assembly, decorating techniques, etc.)
- Ability to predict, recognize and define problems, and generate, select and implement timely solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization and planning
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Proficiency using 2D and/or 3D design software (Artios CAD/Solidworks)
- Proficiency using palletization software (TOPS/CAPE)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growth, collaborative start-up environment