BFG Marketing, LLC
Promotions and Events and Experiential Marketing Agency
1995-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
The Account Supervisor/Experiential Marketing will work in tandem with the Managing Director and other Account Service personnel at BFG’s growing New York City office. The position will report to the Managing Director, and fill the need as the lead experiential and event client services manager on the Campari Group account. Campari Group is a major player in the global spirits industry, with a portfolio of over 50 premium and super premium brands, include Aperol, Appleton Estate, Campari, SKYY, Wild Turkey and Grand Marnier.
Supported by the Creative, Production, Field Marketing, HR/Talent and Finance departments, the Account Supervisor is expected to manage multiple tasks across various brands executing diverse experiential programs simultaneously.
The Account Supervisor is required to employ a range of thinking and decision-making skills, such as “what if,” “critical” and “judicious” approaches to client issues and initiatives. Strength in communication across channels (mobile, voice, electronic) is a requirement as the individual will be expected to lead the management of coordinated efforts against delivering upon the client’s goals and managing the agency’s account growth expectations. A strong sense of accountability and “attention to detail” will be essential in enabling the individual to thrive in this environment.
Essential Job Duties and Skills:
- Earn and keep each client’s respect and confidence as a trusted adviser, bringing value through a strong commitment to success, consistent performance and the ability to develop a wide range of ideas and solutions.
- Lead the management and development of client experiential events, and effectively present the agency’s decisions, recommendations and creative product to a range of client audiences.
- Working with the client and agency team developing program goals, building and presenting Activation Plans and Playbooks, and metrics to track and measure performance.
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks including composing correspondence such as client memos, creating PowerPoint presentations, project timelines and contact reports.
- Able and willing to blur the lines between account management and production, as is often the case in experiential.
- Highly skilled at interfacing directly with clients in a professional and competent manner.
- Expert at building persuasive PowerPoint presentation decks, summary and recommendation documents for presentation to client and agency decision-makers.
- A clear, confident, comfortable presentation style for both formal and informal settings.
- Ability to build timelines and proactively forecast potential hurdles to stay ahead of the curve versus being reactionary.
- Possess a passion and or knack for event planning and experiential marketing.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of, and be conversant in, each client’s business – key issues, competitive situation and industry trends.
- Maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor while effectively balancing the dual expectations of your clients and the agency.
- Anticipate potential relationship or expectation issues, advising the Managing Director with adequate time for the agency to respond proactively.
- Effectively assign, delegate, coordinate and monitor the work of agency staff members assigned to client projects.
- Provide a model for project leadership, be proactive, establish rapport and trust with staff members assigned to your account(s) – acknowledging the expectations of and on others, identifying team and project needs and remaining open to considering multiple points of view.
- Encourage/demonstrate unity behind team/agency decisions made, clearly establish objectives/priorities for client initiatives, and continue to develop, articulate and adhere to agreed-upon strategies.
- Display marketing curiosity and a willingness to push your own thinking and the agency’s work in new directions by finding a range of alternatives for client and agency decision-making.
- Review monthly billing for accuracy and completeness in accordance with the accounting calendar.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5-7 years of account/agency experience required.
- Experience working in the experiential marketing category – understanding what is required in building and managing events that “bring brands to life” through 1:1 and group interactions.
- Familiarity with the spirits category, the three-tier system, sales and distributor relationships, and on and off premise.
- Well versed in multiple marketing disciplines and channels (e.g., direct response, digital, social media, promotions, brand advertising).
- The individual will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to quickly win the trust and respect of their client and peers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to use all agency presentation systems and equipment.
- Ability to submit expense reports within seven days and follow agency guidelines and policies for reimbursement.
- Ability to document, and copy the director of human resources on, any disciplinary conversations with staff members.
- Ability to follow all standard agency policies and procedures.
- Ability to frequently travel overnight when required.
- Reports To Managing Director