Momentum Beverage Team
DistributorView Full Profile
About The Position
The Sales Representative is responsible for maximizing the sales of supplier wine and spirit brands to the trade through effective territory planning, selling, merchandising and communication that enables the achievement of company and supplier objectives.
This Sales Representative opportunity will call on spirit accounts in our Illinois market.
- Develops pre-plans on how best to achieve sales and merchandising objectives by understanding company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis and maintaining accurate historical account purchase information.
- Calls on accounts and covers daily routes by developing an effective and efficient routing pattern.
- Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers with an aim to achieve shared customer, supplier and company goals to include new products, shelf, well and back bar placements.
- Attains standards of performance goals by achieving the distribution, volume and activity goals of supplier brands as set by management.
- Understands and works with management on inventory levels by being aware of current inventory and out of stock situations and by alerting management to possible fluctuations in demand.
- Ensures maximum brand visibility within accounts by maintaining account standards as determined by management and using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
- Manages customer account receivables by timely processing of credits and returns and communicating with accounts on aged receivables.
- Maintains professional relationships with all suppliers by participating in supplier work with sales calls, and blitzes.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels at accounts by taking inventory and restocking shelves (where legally permissible).
- Obtains payments for the company by collecting and delivering checks or other remittance from accounts where legally permissible.
- Educates customer’s staff on priority brands through educational staff training seminars.
- Supports account openings by developing opening orders for new accounts in collaboration with Field Sales Manager.
- Services accounts by delivering products to customers (in extreme circumstances), handling customer issues and complaints and referring these issues, as appropriate to management.
- Attends and actively participating in weekly sales meetings.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience preferred.
- An understanding of wine and/or spirits is required with related channel experience preferred.
- Must be a detail and results-oriented, deadline-driven professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with ability to use diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team.
- Proficiency in PC skills using MS Office and other various programs including presentation software.
- Familiarity with assigned territory is a plus.
- The position requires the use of a personal motor vehicle and a valid driver's license.
- Understands the importance teamwork and the benefits to contributing to a team mentality.
- Wine and/or spirit knowledge is a plus
Physical Demands of Job:
- Carrying and lifting 45-65 pounds
- Overhead and immediate reaching to perform various duties
- Standing and walking for periods of time to perform various duties
- Squatting or bending to perform various duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer
Momentum Beverage Team is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics.