SupplierView Full Profile
Based on experience
About The Position
The Chopin Imports Southern California Market Manager role is primarily focused on field work independently and with our distributor network, to engage key customers, build and grow our distribution footprint and overall volume on all brands, and work all channels of business with a key focus on premise. The remote position will be based in the territory. No relocation assistance will be provided. Position covers Orange County, San Diego and the Desert areas.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Work closely with distributor network every week to execute distribution and brand building initiatives. The focus is on-premise, but chain and independent retail are required.
· Communicate, enforce, and monitor National Account programs both on and off premise.
· Work in the field three to four days per week selling with the fifth day devoted to distributor meetings and administrative duties.
· Educate distributor personnel and key account customers on Chopin Imports Ltd portfolio.
· Make presentations to distributor network on a weekly/monthly basis to educate on direction and brand standards.
· Develop “key influencer” relationships in the trade as well at wholesale.
· Assist DVP in monitoring distributor execution of Chopin Imports Ltd initiatives and goals.
· Conduct regular sales training meetings at the wholesaler.
· Monitor competitive activities in the market place and communicate to the appropriate people with suggested and corrective action
· Utilize market data (Salesforce, VIP, Nielson) to identify opportunities within each channel.
· Manage Chopin Imports Ltd retail and on-premise POS materials. Ensure they are being utilized correctly in the market.
· Budget and Expense Management
· Volume and distribution: Meet and or exceed H1 and H2 volume and distribution objectives.
· Market management: Effectively develop and maintain positive relationships with distributors and the trade to drive volume and distribution performance.
Personal Skills & Qualities:
· Self-motivated and highly organized, with the ability to work autonomously and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong knowledge of all facets of the spirits industry.
· Good judgment and professional maturity.
· Results oriented: Strong work ethic and drive for success.
· Excellent communication style, both written and verbal.
· Sales ability: Effectiveness in inspiring customers to purchase our products and programs.
· Teamwork: Ability to work and communicate effectively with colleagues and with our distributors.
· High level of integrity, self-confidence and the ability to build relationships.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Proficient PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· The ability to move up to 35lbs on a consistent basis.
· At least 2 years of experience in the alcohol beverage industry
· College degree required
· ***Candidate must live in the Orange County area***
- Reports To Vice President Sales West