Position Open - Posted Thursday, October 11th 2018
Western Regional Sales ManagerLos Angeles California Mid-Level Full Time Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Range:
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Reports to:
About The Position
If you are passionate about empowering others to live their happiest lives and kick sugar, we want to hear from you! We are SmartSweets, the innovators of the first candy that kicks sugar.
As our Western Regional Sales Manager, You will be playing a vital role in achieving our exponential growth potential and driving forward the mission to kick sugar by leading, managing and delivering annual revenue and trade spending targets while establishing and expanding strategic business relationships across multiple channels of business.
Who Are We?
Our Why: At SmartSweets, we are tackling one of the largest and most concerning problems hidden in our everyday foods- Sugar.
Our Mission: Kick sugar, Keep candy.
Our Vision: To become the global leader in innovating confectionary products that kick sugar, creating accessibility to candy people can feel good about.
Our track record: We are in our second calendar year in market and are distributed in over 6,500 stores in the US and Canada. We have experienced record sell-throughs with our key US strategic partner, Whole Foods, and have a very strong online sales presence, being the #4 candy/chocolate innovation in the new releases category on Amazon (behind new products from Hershey, Kind, and M&M Mars). We are grateful to have cultivated a devoted tribe of raving fans, with over 305,000 social followers.
Our Core Values:
- Extreme Ownership: We have a deep sense of accountability and lead ego-lessly .
- Resourceful Rulebreakers: We are innovators and harness our energy to relentlessly create solutions - All problems are opportunities in disguise.
- Fuelled by Commitment: We are fuelled by tenacity, passion and embrace change.
- Honouring Relationships: We are honoured to be included and to be part of our customers’ journeys. We are grateful of those that support us – Customers, partners, suppliers and each other.
A day in the life..
- Build and drive annual revenue and trade spending and targets for all channels of responsibility
- Build and scale a successful field marketing effort regionally to drive sell-through and incremental volume
- Make headquarter calls and build relationships to support existing partners and establish new customer relationships (small and large!) in support of revenue and trade spending objectives
- Manage and drive Sales Broker relationships, where applicable, across all channels
- Build distributor relationships through monthly/quarterly business planning and ride-alongs
- Deliver weekly updates to National Sales Manager plus monthly state of business updates
- Interface with marketing to develop winning strategies to drive awareness of our brand story, sell-through and incremental volume
- Regional sales experience (5+ years), preferably at the sales helm of a flagship natural foods brand
- Encyclopedic knowledge of the western regional US retail and sales landscape for natural foods, across a variety of channels
- Deep network of contacts and relationships to enable easy access to key decision-makers, especially in high priority channels and accounts
- Proven strategic instincts, especially around brand positioning for optimal retail partnerships
- Ninja negotiator!
- Experience building and running an effective field effort to ensure in-store presence and sell-through at a reasonable cost
- Online channel knowledge and experience
- Live and breathe our values and mission!
- Are Customer-focused, detail-oriented, proactive, and team-oriented - someone who puts serving our tribe and doing what's right for SmartSweets first
- Have an inquisitive personality who dives deep into issues to uncover the “why”
- Action-oriented - Enable us to stay lean, work smart and scale rapidly
- Are excited by “laying the tracks and running the train” at the same time!
- Are a strong motivational leader who is fired up by our mission, and loves to have fun!
To learn more about SmartSweets, visit smartsweets.com and join the mission to kick sugar @eatsmartsweets.