Better Bites Bakery
ManufacturerView Full Profile
About The Position
The VP Finance contributes to the overall success of the organization by proactively managing all financial tasks for the organization and being an effective member of the organization’s leadership team. This position will also have responsibility to build key financial process capabilities in proactive financial management across forecasting, pricing, trade, procurement, co-manufacturing and transportation & warehousing while being the roll up your sleeves financial partner and advisor to the leadership team in day to day decision making.
Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Lead reporting efforts and information required for tax purposes
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems and controls for cash management, inventory, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash
- Proactively manage and forecast business cash flow identifying and reporting needs well in advance
- Establish guidelines for operating and capital budget and forecast preparation; prepare the annual budgets with the team
- Prepare forward looking strategic modeling and planning that aligns with the Company’s strategic plan.
- Lead month-end close responsibilities to include journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis as well as year-end audit
- Prepare, analyze, and review weekly, monthly and quarterly results and variance analysis relating to the overall performance of company strategies and the contribution to the company’s profitability to include monthly and quarterly financial reporting for the team and board
- Develop and lead monthly sales/operations forecasting process and related reporting with team including co packer
- Own proactive financial management of co-packer manufacturing cost, procurement cost, transportation cost, warehousing cost and related margin management/optimization
- Lead financial strategy/tracking behind pricing, trade promotions sku and customer optimization with sales & mktg.
- Prepare ad hoc financial modeling, proforma development and forecasting for the Company.
- Oversee proactive management of SG&A budgets with the team
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-starter with the technical know-how to build the right financial capabilities for a high growth packaged goods company that is moving from start-up to more scale
- Sense of urgency, bias for action and idea leadership
- A roll-up your sleeves attitude and great business partner who can add value daily across the team
- Strong understanding and knowledge of required accounting principles and how to build the capability
- A doer with prior hands on experience running all aspects of financial organization including closing the books, reporting and cash management
- Experience in building out business forecasting across sales, co manufacturer, marketing and operations.
- Experience in operations/manufacturing and related costing both internally and through co-manufacturing
- Detail oriented, with strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to initiate improvements in finance systems, process and margin optimization
- Strong organizational skills and excellent ability to multi-task
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; proven experience in interacting with external and internal partners in a knowledgeable and helpful manner; ability to constructively challenge others
- Advanced knowledge in Excel / Advanced financial modeling skills
- Experience with financial reporting systems such as ERP, business intelligence and forecasting.
- Prior experience with accounting/GL systems
- Experience with an automated planning/forecasting system
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a team environment
Education and/or Experience
- 10+ years of progressive Finance/Accounting experience in preferably Food/Beverage or Consumer Packaged Goods
- Experience building the financial organization and related capabilities of a growing/scaling packaged goods company
- Start-up experience preferred.
- Manufacturing industry experience with plants, procurement and transportation/warehousing
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting required and MBA preferred.
- CPA/CMA certification designation is an asset
Travel & Physical Demands
Travel between company sites as well as vendors and co-manufacturers will be required. The physical demands of this role are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals must be capable of performing light physical activity as part of the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee. Job duties and time spent doing them may change based on business need.
- Reports To CEO/Founder
- Direct Reports 1