Breakthru Beverage Group
DistributorView Full Profile
About The Position
The Vice President of Business Management manages a team of Business Managers who serve as the liaison between a particular group of suppliers and house sales and marketing. He or she is responsible for overseeing the execution of sales and marketing strategies and achieving company financial objectives. This role is responsible for the training and development of the Business Managers who report to him or her.
- Oversees and advises on the building of the applicable annual suppliers’ plans/calendars, pricing schedules, promotional calendars and sales force incentives by closely collaborating with supplier partner(s) and the Business Managers.
- Is responsible for maintaining and growing gross profit for the company by negotiating price supports, validating internal depletion allowances, and managing budgets for the year.
- Where applicable, ensures the administration of the pricing plan by reviewing proposed filings and assisting in the communication of current and available pricing to sales force.
- Ensures that appropriate inventory levels are maintained for sales programming by collaborating with the Purchasing Department and Business Managers to forecast inventory requirements and monitor inventory positions; communicates with sales on any inventory shortfalls.
- In conjunction with Business Managers, defines, manages, and approves supplier and internal spend (banks) to accomplish annual plan by creating budget, and tracking spend on a monthly basis to ensure spend does not exceed budget.
- Ensures achievement of supplier plans by reviewing goals established by Business Managers and balancing supplier and house objectives in the population of goal model. Oversees the target account definitions, the communication of goals to sales team and the tracking of performance against goal.
- When applicable, participates in planning and preparation of General Sales Meetings by helping to define the agenda, securing appropriate resources for presentations and making certain that selling materials have been created.
- Oversees and approves, as applicable, supplier bill-backs, together with the finance manager, and manages supplier accounts receivable by ensuring account information is coordinated with accounting team.
- Maintains a relevant inventory of point of sale materials by working with Business Managers and suppliers to determine types and quantities of POS that should be ordered, when necessary assisting in the design of any custom POS, and working closely with sales management to dispose of aged POS.
- Coordinates supplier meetings, ride-withs, winery visits, blitzes and target account spend activity and shares data as needed with supplier by communicating with sales management and Business Managers as well as managing work flow, and calendars.
- In conjunction with marketing and Business Managers, creates and distributes supplier specific newsletters and videos, by collecting and recapping best practices and program results.
- Participates in the delivery of supplier business reviews and monthly supplier communication meetings by developing agenda in conjunction with Business Managers and reviewing prepared content.
- As appropriate, manages supplier allocated products by working with necessary departments to administer the set-up and release of these allocations to approved accounts.
- Manages team by coaching associates, performing all evaluations and overseeing performance management plans.
- Performs all necessary administrative functions by approving T&Es, invoices and samples,
- Helps guide supplier decision making by employing strong comprehension of competitive landscape and market dynamics.
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management (e.g. WSSM, TOPS, FOCUS MARKETING, ANALYTICAL TRAINING).
- Maintains market and sales understanding by conducting sales work-withs on a regular basis as prescribed by management.
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.· Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience required.
- Ability to hold a Solicitor’s Permit required (where applicable).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle (where applicable).
- A minimum of 12+ years in sales/marketing or industry related experience is required.
- Sound understanding of wine and spirits is required.
- Results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills; uses diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pays attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various programs including presentation software. Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint capabilities required.
- Budgeting, forecasting and accounting skills required.
Beverage Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available Here, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call (708) 298-3536 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.