Position Open - Posted Friday, August 10th 2018
Territory Representative - Columbia, MDColumbia MD Entry Level Full Time Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Range:
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Reports to: TBD
About The Position
Basemakers, LLC is seeking a high-performing Territory Rep based in the Columbia, MD area who brings significant ambition, strong communication skills, and a desire to join a winning team.
The ideal candidate will spend 5 days per week visiting large-format grocery stores in their assigned territory and work with store managers representing a portfolio of up-and-coming beverage and snack brands. The position requires a self-motivated, organized and passionate person with some beverage industry experience (or sales experience).
If interested, please attach a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please provide a couple paragraphs to explain how your experience is relevant to this role and why you’d like to be part of this company. We want to get a feel for your personality and style, as we look towards bringing on a new team member.
Competitive pay including performance-based incentives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an organized list of key accounts based on portfolio needs in all territories
- Spend 100% of the time in the field, merchandising accounts for our portfolio.
- Call on key accounts on an ongoing basis to review in-store priorities
- Enhance the business by gaining new points of distribution in store
- Educate account managers on proper and effective merchandising:
- Proper shelf management positions
- Rack, equipment, and POS placements
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Creative presentation/public speaking and premium selling skills are a must
- Innovative and creativity in approaching accounts and expanding business
- Ability to formulate account strategies and execute against them
- Track record of success in a highly self-directed environment
- Maintain high level of communication across the team
- Achieve monthly key performance indicators (KPI’s) set by Regional Sales Manager
- Professional demeanor in working with co-workers, distributors, retail reps and consumers
- Beverage/Food sales experience is preferred
- Must have valid driver's license and own vehicle to travel and transport promotional merchandise and minimal product quantities between accounts within assigned territory
- Must have a clean driving record, registration, and insurance.
- Must be able to use basic features in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Physical Work Environment:
- Reach with hands and arms
- Regularly Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl