Position Open - Posted Friday, September 14th 2018
Territory Manager - Southern CaliforniaLos Angeles CA Mid-Level Full Time Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Range:
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Reports to: VP of Sales
About The Position
We are seeking a high-performing Territory Manager based in Southern California. The candidate should possess significant ambition, strong leadership qualities, and a desire to join a winning team.
The ideal candidate will visit key accounts in their assigned territory and work with local distributors and distributor sales reps to achieve sales objectives. The position requires a self- motivated, organized, energetic, and creative person with sales experience in spirits and wine.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain an organized list of key accounts in the territory (both on- and off-premise accounts)
- Sell our brand portfolio to customers in coordination with local distributors, fulfillment companies and brokers
- Call on key accounts on an ongoing basis to review product sales and brand program priorities
- Regularly attend selected on and off-premise promotional events
- Schedule and execute off premise tastings
- Schedule and execute on premise activation.
- Direct accounts in proper and effective merchandising and consumer awareness of brands by adhering to SCG Brand Standards
- Conduct staff training in on and off-premise accounts, as needed
- Manage effective market visits with brand owners and SCG management as needed.
- Coordinate with marketing, public relations and social media for cohesive program execution and reporting
- An entrepreneurial drive and proven 3-5 years with field sales experience including heavily sourcing for new leads and face to face selling (experience selling specialty/craft spirits a must)
- High level of professionalism and experience working with well-organized sales oriented companies, preferably alcohol beverage distributor.
- Must be highly organized, have attention to detail, good time management ability and produce consistent results
- Must submit timely market reports, expense reports and follow sales procedures
- Must have business acumen and keen negotiating skills
- Must have excellent prioritization skills and the ability to work with several brands at once
- Must understand and implement individual brand goals as well as overall portfolio goals
- Considered a "closer" and can provide evidence to support direct sales achievements
- Must have experience building a brand through targeted distribution.
- Excellent computer skills
- College degree preferred