Position Open - Posted Wednesday, July 11th 2018
Territory Manager - New YorkNew York New York Mid-Level Full Time Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Reports to: US Sales Manager
About The Position
We’re looking for a sales Jedi to join our team of craft beer evangelists here in the USA. Responsible for managing our distributors and regional operations, this is going to be a crucial role as we grow BrewDog beer through the USA!
Since we first brewed beer at our brand spanking new brewery in Columbus Ohio, we’ve been excited about the prospect of getting the freshest beer into the hands of the people. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a Territory Manager to be the spearhead for New York. You’ll be responsible for working with our distributors to get our beer to the people.
You’ll be a beer nerd, a people person & team focused. Like us, you care a lot about the quality of the beer that’s in the glasses of the masses, and you’ll blow sh*t up to make sure people choose BrewDog!
- Oversee and direct BrewDog’s relationships with distributors within your state.
- Develop a strong working partnership with assigned distributors at all levels and with all departments. Site and market visits are a must, to ensure we make everyone as passionate about great craft beer as we are!
- Bring the numbers to life with critical sales reporting & analysis for the rest of the BrewDog Crew - on a weekly, monthly or yearly basis, depending on goals & objectives.
- Manage & work directly with our team of City Sales Specialists to improve incremental sales & other exciting opportunities across multiple markets at all levels. This will mean making sure you’re in constant communication with your team.
- Monthly “live” meetings expected with key distributor personnel.
- Identifying, planning & attending key local events & local opportunities in conjunction with your team & the distributor to push the BrewDog brand and educate people about great craft beer!
- Be the face of the BrewDog sales team at distributor level.
- Take responsibility for monthly meetings, the selling-in of incentives, conducting all brand meetings relative to distributors & other key accounts, as well as measurable review meetings.
- Gain distribution of products, and continue to drive the sales of existing products using your innate sales skills & honed techniques to support any feature and/or promotional activity.
- Help your team with their roles and lead, support & coach them to even greater success.
- Develop and delegate a reactive sales strategy built from goals and objectives.
- Assist in creating volume projections and budgets. Make sure you communicate to make sure we don’t make too much, or too little beer, taking into account sales trends, promotions, and seasonal changes.
- Ensure all staff and distributors are ruthless in protecting and promoting beer quality across your area.
- Monitor and execute quarterly pricing surveys and communicate results back to the internal team as required
- Effectively present the entire BrewDog Brewing portfolio while driving results of all company and team initiatives.
- Support BrewDog’s Core Values and Mission.
Skills & experience:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some weekends.
- 2-5 years’ regional sales experience in a similar role, with the majority of the experience in the beer industry.
- Evidence of network of key industry leaders, decision-makers, and opinion leaders within the region.
- Must be able to analyze and develop sales opportunity from VIP software, IRI, Nielsen or other company provided sales software. This usage is part of the weekly management routine.
- Proven track record of working independently and delivering results; is self-motivated, and able to manage time and workload to optimise effectiveness.
- Demonstrable leadership & management skills.
- Reliable car and able and willing to travel (vehicle allowance will be provided).
- You will be uncompromising, ambitious, relentless, willing to take risks and learn, and you’ll love to blow sh*t up!