Position Open - Posted Friday, May 25th 2018
Sr. Manager, New Product DevelopmentNew York New York Senior Level Full Time Operations
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Home or Centralized Office: Centralized
- Reports to: TBD
About The Position
Manage new product launch execution for a group of Contract Manufacturers (domestic and international) while maintaining timelines to meet customer commitments.
Work with NPD teams to define the supply plan for their launches.
Coordinate site activities to maintain timelines through development, trials and launch.
- In a Project Management capacity, the Commercialization Manager will lead a cross-functional team through operational aspects of project planning, scale-up, and validation.
- The Commercialization Manager will develop or contribute in development of a project timeline, and host recurring meetings to track progress in achieving project milestones.
- This role requires coordination with several functions including the contract manufacturing site, engineering, technical transfer/product development, supply chain planning, purchasing, strategic sourcing, quality assurance, marketing, project management, regulatory, and others.
- A successful candidate will be able to work across multiple functions, identifying risks and challenges, and clearly communicate those risks back to management and key stakeholders.
- The typical product launch may include a bid/quote process, equipment purchase at the contract manufacturing site, project planning, pilot batches, trial batches, packaging line trials, specification and artwork/graphic development, stability testing, validation protocols, and ultimately production.
- The ideal candidate will be well-versed in most or all aspects of the new launch process.
- Interface with the CMs to ensure the implementation and use of the most efficient, cost-effective manufacturing strategies by product type.
- Track inventory levels of Finished goods, components, WIP and raw materials to ensure they stay within planned levels. Monitor Excess and Obsolete inventory and drive Root Cause Problem Solving and action planning/execution to reduce E&O.
- Work with Purchasing / suppliers and the CMs to ensure that component and production lead times are challenged and reduced to the lowest possible level in keeping with agreed distribution strategies.
- Develop and monitor the use of appropriate KPI’s to measure and improve the effectiveness of the key elements of the planning organization.
- 4 year academic degree in relevant field or related job experience
- People Management experience required
- Prefer APICS exposure and CPIM certification
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a project management or new product introduction role ideally in a manufacturing or supplier environment in consumer goods industry.
- Competent user of computerized IT systems – Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other associated scheduling, forecasting software packages
- ASCP and JDE experience a plus.
- Thorough working knowledge of project management techniques and timeline creation in a Manufacturing or CM environment
- End to End Supply Chain Functions and Linkage
- In depth understanding of capacity management and production control concepts
- Thorough knowledge of TQM methodology, their application and their use towards continuous improvements
- In depth understanding of Supplier Management concepts
- Business and functional expertise as defined by Shiseido Americas Leadership Stage.
- Achieves results
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Customer and consumer focus
- Attention to detail while being able to see the “big picture”
- Ability to lead others through