Bacardi U.S.A., Inc.
Importer and Production and Manufacturing
1862-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
About the role
The purpose of the Sr. Financial Analyst GTR Americas role is to support the Senior Finance Manager in providing Sales, Revenue Growth Management (RGM) and Marketing Decision Support for the GTR Americas Commercial and Customer Marketing teams. Additionally, the role will support Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) for the region including key variance analysis to business plan and forecast and is responsible for regional Budget and Latest Estimate submissions.
From an RGM perspective, you will be accountable for creating value and financial impact for our company. You will help build and develop capabilities to drive sustainable NSV/case growth by supporting the creation of best in class RGM practices that enables us to Set, Get and Keep price as well as to optimize mix. Your ability to combine a strategic business approach while supporting the Senior Finance Manager on multiple projects at any given time will be key, as will be your comfort in working seamlessly within the matrix, with the Customer Marketing and Commercial teams.
- You will support annual growth in net revenue and gross profit per case through a best in class RGM practice (analysis, strategy and programs) that is fully embedded in the IAP process
- You will help build and embed the regional capability of Pricing Strategy (Set, Get and Keep price) and Trade and Promotional Investment Optimization driving value growth across the region
- You will apply the frameworks, tools and guidelines to drive greater effectiveness and ROI of commercial investments and promotional spending
This role should also support FP&A in the region incorporating reporting and planning, acting as the right hand to the Senior Finance Manager. A key part of the role is partnering with the Demand Planner and Sales Managers to create robust Sales & Operational (S&OP) forecasts and commercial plans to assess risk and opportunity to budget and latest estimates.
The candidate must possess strong communication and collaboration skills and demonstrate the ability to work independently and cross-functionally at many levels within Bacardi. Advanced MS Excel and system tools skills required.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Drive results & excellence in execution
Sales Decision Support/RGM
- Provide first class decision support to the GTR Americas Commercial team
- Support bottom up creation of commercial plans in conjunction with Sales managers
- Challenge and partner with team making sure sound financial insight at heart of every decision
- Set up and provide customer level reporting down to DBC
- Analyse and provide insights from depletion and market share data to drive growth opportunities and mitigate risks
- Annual pricing negotiation support
- Provide support during price negotiations and creation of customer price list liasing with BIL, Commercial teams and Operations to maximize price realization
- Act as a valued partner in discussions, proactively challenging teams where necessary
- Maintain database of price increases and exceptions to Global Minimums Prices
- Work closely with the Senior Finance Manager to drive RGM best practices across the region
- Price promotional planning
- Support management of promo tracker ensuring all price promotions are captured and actuals are updated
- Post promo reviews performed for key activity to deliver inisghts for next planning perio
- Support Trade Terms
- Ensuring trade terms are embedded during projects
- Monitor adherence to terms in conjunction with Global RGM
Marketing Decision Support
- Work closely with Customer Marketing and Commercial to track and analyze A&P spend in the region
- Provide A&P related reporting analysis to monitor variances vs budget to ensure delivery of A&P targets and proper realocation of resources
- Provide Customer Account profitability analytics to influence investment decisions
- Provide support to develop ROI tools for efficient use of A&P spend
- Support management and delivery of the P&L from Net Sales to EFO for Americas GTR region
- Support monthly performance review:
- Consolidating information and analyzing key performance reports
- Creating and maintaining reports which support MPR process
- Generating insights to analyse the business across key metrics
- Help identify and set plans in place to mitigate risks and accelerate opportunity
- Support the Budgeting and Latest Estimate process for GTR Americas
- Taking top down plans from Global GTR and allocated through the region
- Submitting the plan and checking outputs in TM1
- Partner with S&OP Planner and Commercial team to embed robust S&OP process:
- Actively participate in S&OP meetings to challenge sought process during the meetings
- Lead the process of dollarizing the P&L by overlaying price, rebates and COGS assumptions into commercial plan
- Continually seek to streamline processes and simplify to enable focus on commercial finance support
Measures of success
- Performance: Achieve Total Net Sales Value (NSV) and Gross Profit growth targets vs. budget; NSV and GP per case target ahead of plan; Achieve % of portfolio premium targets; Deliver EFO target
- Value share: Deliver target value share growth
- Customer: Deliver Customer Profitability targets
- Employee Engagement: Achieve sustained improvement in engagement and enablement
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- 3+ years’ experience in RGM and Commercial Finance roles with proven track record for delivering results
- Financial Analysis: Ability to create advanced spreadsheets, explain variances to estimates, identify business risks and opportunities, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Forecasting: Knowledge of, and ability to apply, financial and forecasting procedures. This includes the ability to develop sound assumptions and produce relevant financial projections and models from those assumptions
- Experience in roles related to understanding customer and channel dynamics
- Excellent inter-personal skills and team player.
The following experiences are preferred:
- Experience in the Spirits and/or overall beverage Industry is a distinct advanta
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or related field.
Language Skills: Fluent English
- Ability to work effectively and achieve results in a matrix organization
- Process focused with an understanding of end to end business processes and their financial impacts
- Ability to identify root cause issues and develop plans to resolve
- Skilled at organizing and prioritizing multiple projects and resource constraints to optimize results
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.