Distributor and ManufacturerView Full Profile
About The Position
About Dixie Brands:
Dixie Brands has been the pioneer in infused cannabis products since our inception in 2010, leading the industry through research, education and advocacy, establishing ourselves as the trusted source for innovative, safe, effective and delicious cannabis-infused products.
What began as a single flagship product (Dixie Elixir) has now expanded to over 30 different products across over 100 SKUs, representing the industry’s finest edibles, tinctures, topicals and connoisseur-grade extractions.
We handcraft every product with pure, CO2-extracted THC, a process we’re proud of and we go way above and beyond the mandated batch testing for every product we sell because we believe product consistency and accuracy are essential to generate brand trust & love. At Dixie, we’re a lot more than the producers of THC-infused products, we are THE CPG leader in the rapidly emerging cannabis industry!
Dixie Brands – the Denver based pioneer and leader in handcrafted infused cannabis products since 2010 – is looking for dynamic sales people to join our blossoming California sales team and accelerate the performance of our wonderful portfolio. We’re looking for people with experience in and a passion for an entrepreneurial sales environment, people driven by a need to win and a burning desire to build a business and truly make a difference. We’re not looking for territory managers, we’re looking for hunters, competitive spirits with the personal drive to win, strong organizational skills and a warm, engaging personality that customers – and teammates - want to work with. Someone who wants to prove they’re capable of more, looking for a chance to challenge yourself, to grow and to build and most of all, to be part of something truly special at Dixie Brands. If that Then let’s chat…
Dixie Brand sales representatives are the engine that drives our business! They are responsible for maximizing distribution, driving profitable volume and optimizing brand presence of our portfolio across a defined geographical territory. They understand the dispensary landscape, can allocate their time and resources against priority accounts and are equally comfortable negotiating with a buyer as they are presenting our brands with budtenders. They embrace the idea of building sustainable partnerships based on ‘win / win’ ensuring Dixie achieves its objective of dominating at retail…
There are multiple opportunities in Los Angeles, Riverside, Palm Springs, and San Diego.
- Analyze & Plan
- Develop and implement territory action plan through comprehensive data analysis and an intimate understanding of the retail landscape including new dispensary openings.
- Proactively manage all aspects of business development, including lead generation through contract negotiation, account set-up and beyond.
- Be creative and entrepreneurial in creating the plan for building our portfolio of brands and achieving sales targets within your defined territory.
- Continuously explore new methods or strategies to help overcome barriers and achieve volume targets and/or increasing company profitability.
- Champion Our Brands
- Be the expert! Maintain a strong understanding about our brands and products, features, benefits & technical specs to answer any customer questions.
- Proactively and positively champion Dixie’s product portfolio via a deep and comprehensive understanding of what makes our brands different to &/or better than competitor alternatives.
- Conduct regular product demonstrations & educational sessions with buyers & budtenders, utilizing sampling where appropriate &/or legal.
- Ensure optimal presentation of our brands at POP including elevated POSM & collateral placement, shelf positioning & menu presentation.
- Be a Problem Solver & Partner
- Be a partner, not a vendor. Understand & evaluate customer objectives and provide solutions that deliver win / win outcomes.
- Maintain working relationships with existing clients to ensure exceptional service and identification of potential new sales opportunities.
- Identify ways to maximize relevance and value as a supplier via integration of consumer & shopper based insights & category management principals (via marketing)
- Become a valuable, helpful & sought out resource in all of your dealings with customers and create a positive reputation in the industry.
- Drive Growth / Managing for Results
- Contribute to Dixie success by increasing sales and profits through new business development and/or growing existing customers, developing relationships with key decision-makers.
- Meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals through the successful implementation of sales and marketing strategies and tactics tailored to each defined territory.
- Achieve sales goals by assessing current client needs and following a defined selling process with buyers, often utilizing product demos and presentations as required.
- Collaborate & Communicate
- Prepare complete, concise and accurate reports, proposals, presentations and other documentation as required for executive-level presentations
- Attend weekly sales team meetings and provide information to management about successes, sales figures, goals and obstacles.
- Work positively & collaboratively with key cross functional stakeholders.
Experiences, Skills & Traits Required:
- Experienced Consumer products sales professional that has a proven track record of directly calling on and closing new business preferred.
- Direct experience managing retail outlets for consumer products
- Minimum of 2-years experience in the food & beverage industry.
- Highly motivated, self-starting individual who has direct knowledge on how to pursue and close new business development.
- Expert knowledge of the art of strategic selling and account management processes.
- Existing relationships with dispensary accounts/executives preferred.
- Goal oriented, focused individual who needs little direction or supervision on how to effectively build our Dixie sales.
- A highly organized person who stays on top of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly verbal, including strong presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).