ManufacturerView Full Profile
About The Position
ABOUT MISCELLANEOUS DISTILLERY:
MISCellaneous Distillery (a new, artisan distillery in Mount Airy, Maryland) is looking to grow our team, finding others who model our motto: “Live and Drink By Your Own Rules.”
SALES REPRESENTATIVE POSITION:
We are seeking a sales representative interested in working with us to make a mark in the exciting, dynamic industry of craft spirits. This is a full-time sales position responsible for establishing and maintaining account relationships, expanding the presence of MISCellaneous Distillery’s award-winning spirits across Maryland and DC, and working in partnership with owners to grow the business to the next level.
As part of a small start-up team, the Sales Rep will work flexible hours and wear multiple hats, including attending promotional events and supporting product distribution to some accounts. This is an exciting job and for the right person, it will be a really cool opportunity to proudly build something from the ground up.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain awesome relationships with bartenders, account managers, and account owners
- Protect and grow existing accounts
- Prospect and open new accounts across Maryland and DC
- Provide feedback on brand positioning and market trends to inform future marketing / sales plan development
- Conduct staff training events at on and off-premise accounts
- Conduct product tastings and attend promotional events
- Create and sustain demand for MISCellaneous products
- Attain assigned sales quotas and objectives
- Develop and maintain an organized list of key accounts (both on- and off-premise accounts)
- Drive sales and brand awareness through cocktail and menu placements
- Provide bi-weekly reports on contacts and leads
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about our spirits (that’ll be easy) and have a fun, outgoing personality. He/she will have 3-4 years of field sales experience including sourcing new leads and face to face selling (experience selling food/beverage to the hospitality industry is a plus). Brewing and distilling knowledge very beneficial but not a prerequisite (just be ready to learn!).
We are also looking for:
- Scrappy, entrepreneurial spirit. Willingness to “figure it out” and propose creative solutions to identified problems.
- Passion about food and drinks as well as cocktail culture.
- Familiarity with consumer marketing, including both traditional and new media.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision and manage priorities.
- Attention to detail, clear communication, and organizational skills.
- Comfortable entering online sales and customer data on a daily basis.
- Valid driver’s license, registered and insured vehicle, and ability to regularly drive throughout the area.
- Ability to lift and move 50 lbs.
- Excellent business ethic - We expect all team members to represent our brand in a manner that is ethical, appropriate, and aligned with our company values.
Must be 21 or over
- Reports To Owner