Position Open - Posted Friday, October 5th 2018
Sales & Marketing ManagerLos Angeles California Mid-Level Full Time Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Range:
- Home or Centralized Office: Centralized
- Reports to:
About The Position
Fusion Gourmet, Inc., is a fast-growing specialty food company based in Los Angeles, CA that manufactures and distributes a variety of specialty confections (candies, cookies, wafers, etc.). We have grown organically for past 20 years with customers that include major national retail stores (supermarket, club, drug and specialty), natural and specialty distributors, and independent retailers.
The Sales & Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing current customer relationships as well as generating new business opportunities to meet specific company goals and sales targets. Assignment of territory, vertical market or product category will be based on candidate profile as well as current needs of the business.
Sales & Marketing Managers will receive a base salary and a year-end bonus/commission along with participation in Company health insurance and retirement plans and paid vacation. Compensation levels will be commensurate to candidate experience level.
- Effectively manage existing customer base. Develop strong customer relationships and deep knowledge of customer needs and requirements. Constantly assess incremental sales opportunities (new product placements, seasonal offerings, etc.).
- Expand distribution in target markets by identifying and working directly with key retail accounts.
- Proactively manage existing broker and distributor reps to effectively pursue appropriate sales opportunities. Explore opportunities to develop new broker and distributor partners.
- Develop, present and negotiate marketing programs, incentives and promotional activities with retailers and distributors.
- Ensure products receive appropriate level of retail support and implementation (promotions, displays, pricing, shelf space, etc.)
- Collaborate with marketing team to align sales plans with marketing activities to achieve company objectives.
- Manage vendor portals for key customers (new item set-up, pricing, promotions, etc.)
- Participate in tradeshow planning and preparations. Attend industry and/or distributor tradeshows (total of 4 to 6 per year). Follow up with tradeshow leads.
- Provide periodic market, customer, product and competitive information and recommendations to stakeholders.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required with minimum of 3-5 years work experience in selling CPG (preferably specialty food products)
- Ability to independently manage all aspects of the sales process for assigned region or market segment
- Experience in successfully managing food brokers and distributors
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to multi-task, manage time, and prioritize with ease
- Highly organized and detail oriented, strong administrative and organizational skills, and strong people/social skills.
- Poised/professional, assertive, excellent written/oral communication skills, positive attitude, and team-oriented.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.