Lundberg Family Farms
Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
PURPOSE AND KEY RESULTS OF THE POSITION
The Midwest Regional Sales Manager oversees and manages the sale of rice products, in the Midwest and South Central Region, to meet Lundberg Family Farms’ standards and quality. This position has the responsibility of the sale and representation of Lundberg Family Farms products in the Midwest. The Midwest Regional Sales Manager communicates with the Director of Sales regarding critical product requirements, needs and quality issues. Additionally, this position provides input regarding new rice products according to present and future market needs. Some of the essential functions/responsibilities include:
- Maintain and/or increase profitable sales growth within the Midwest region against assigned budgets and plans
- Achieve superior distributor and customer expertise by penetrating all levels and functions of distributor/customer
- Develop and lead top-to-top representation and category reviews with customers
- Develop account plans to deliver against company financial, sales and new product targets
- Manage promotional pricing, distributor impact, account specific events
- Understand and align brand strategies with account plans
- Provide input on account capabilities to marketing in the development of brand and account strategies
- Execute promotional plans within budget
- Analyze available data to understand trends at the account
- Manage distributor communication to company and regional sales managers
- Attend and participate in webinars, conference call updates and email communications
- Work with Marketing and Field Marketing to develop promotional and marketing programs at the customer level to drive short and long term growth
- Attend Regional and National Trade Shows
- Kehe, Dierberg’s, Schnuck’s ,Lund’s & Byerlys, Meijer, HEB, Central Market, Fresh Thyme, Jewel, Hy-Vee, Natural Independents
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Microsoft Office experience required.
- Familiarity with OAK, Blue Planner or other TPM software is a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or better in Sales or related field.
- 6 Years Experience in Sales, including significant experience working with distributors, account supervisory, key account management and category management. Natural Food Industry experience preferred.
Work area is in an inside environment with moderate temperatures and low background noise. Position also requires traveling by car and plane with corresponding work environments.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR PERFORMING ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Sitting/Standing/Walking: Approximately 75% of the work time is spent sitting in front of a computer screen and the remainder of the time is spent walking around work area and customer’s work area.
Speaking/Hearing: Ability to effectively communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
Vision: Ability to effectively interpret information on a computer screen and printed materials. Ability to differentiate various kinds of products.
Lifting/Carrying: Ability to lift up to 25#s and carry for a short distance.
Stooping/Kneeling: Ability to stoop and/or kneel to access equipment and/or product when needed.
Reaching/Handling: Ability to retrieve and work with appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Reports To Director of Sales