Position Open - Posted Wednesday, October 10th 2018
On-Premise Sales RepresentativeSan Jose California Entry Level Full Time Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Range:
- Reports to: Regional Manager
About The Position
Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, craft beer and artisanal spirits for California. Wine Warehouse’s unique brand and category mix is a nationally recognized portfolio in the premium beverage alcohol space. Our dedicated and knowledgeable employees are uniquely qualified to deliver this exceptional portfolio to one of the most sophisticated and demanding markets in the country.
Are you looking to grow a career in the beverage alcohol industry? Do you possess fine wine, spirits and craft beer knowledge? Are you a self-starter that enjoys being out of the office and interacting with customers every day? As an On-Premise Sales Representative you will be responsible for growing business in current and in new On-Premise accounts within a designated geographic area. You will do so by cultivating relationships with customers in face to face interactions, designing and directing educational sales campaigns, and collaborating with company supplier partners to achieve sales objectives. Wine Warehouse is currently seeking an On-Premise Sales Representative for the following area(s):
San Jose, CA (JF5)
- Directs sales campaigns in existing and new territories with Company products visiting 8-10 customers daily
- Follows the Company policies for price quotations and availability of product to customers
- Facilitates product sales on selected items/brands within a pre-determined period, meeting monthly and yearly sales goals and objectives
- Works in collaboration with Company supplier partners in achieving pre-determined monthly and yearly sales objectives (customer rides-with)
- Develops new accounts through cold-calling on prospective new customers
- Attend monthly team and general sales meetings, including educational seminars on new or existing products
- Plans, designs, and conducts educational product presentations, such as, wine dinners to promote a new product or to present new promotional opportunities to customers
- Reviews and is responsible for product orders, sales activities, commission reports, invoices on products ordered, monthly mileage and expense account (if applicable)
- Follows ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Control) regulations to be in compliance
- Performs will-call activities when required: Picking up product and delivering the product to customers
- Investigates customers’ complaints to ensure resolution of product delivery and pricing accuracy
- Responsible for timely response (within 24 hours) on all communications within the company or with outside business sources
- Product knowledge (assessed through product quiz)
- Four-year college degree or equivalent
- Strong business, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make a strong business case without “over-selling”
- Innovative and proactive
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with change
- Demonstrates a commitment to doing it “the right way” with a high level of attention to detail and high personal standards of performance
- Progressive sales experience preferably in the beverage industry
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Residing within a 10-15 miles radius of the territory is preferable
Employee must be able to walk, bend, reach, and lift, if necessary 50 pounds or more. The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Visiting an average of 8-10 accounts daily, requiring getting in and out of the vehicle, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Handling will-calls: Receiving product from our warehouse and delivering the product to customer(s)
- Placing cases of wine in the trunk of the car – removing each case from the trunk of the car and delivering it to the customer using a hand truck – each case is estimated to weigh 50 pounds or more.
- Handling Draft Accounts. (moving kegs in cold room)
- Repetitive bending, kneeling, stooping, and occasional climbing required.
- Re-stocking existing displays with new merchandise and replenishing cold boxes from product on display, which requires work above the shoulders.
- Traveling to company-scheduled meetings with a minimum travel time of two (2) hours.
- Wearing appropriate footwear that provides comfort and support for driving, bending, stooping and climbing
- Must be able to hear with specific vision abilities which include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Competitive draw against commission to be earned
- Auto reimbursement and cell phone allowance
- Benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) matching, and paid vacation and holidays