Breakthru Beverage Group
DistributorView Full Profile
About The Position
The primary purpose of the National Account Manager is to plan, organize, direct and control the execution of Company and Supplier objectives personally, and through the house on premise sales team to achieve optimum Sales volume and distribution in National Accounts.
- Ensure all Supplier generated “sold” programs are up and running.
- Manage completely the CSG Compliance Process.
- Develop and manage the regional chain opportunities that comprise the market’s Local Opportunity Report.
- Contact and manage any CSG assigned national account headquarters.
- Implement various CSG proprietary “business solution” tools to the house sales teams and to targeted LOR account contacts.
- Oversee and manage any dedicated national account sales territories for the house.
- Continuously maintain price and supply commitments.
- Conduct staff training and education on products in participating units.
- Communicate to Supplier.
- Give feedback on accomplishments by goal or account.
- Proactively send suppliers standardized reports to better demonstrate how they are doing against all National Account program commitments.
- Effectively communicate with the Company’s own organization to make sure programs are rolled out and maintained in a timely, error-free, and effective manner.
- Make sure each program is executed to each Supplier’s exacting specifications.
- Give professional local support at the unit level.
- National Accounts Managers should maintain relationships with key Suppliers. Regional Sales Managers and Directors of National Accounts to ensure programs are rolled out and serviced correctly, and to target additional “regional chain” and “national chain” sales opportunities in their area.
- Utilize assigned personnel to gain optimum utilization of individual capabilities and best serve customer needs.
- Make sure the sales territories are staffed with qualified management and sales personnel that meet the hiring criteria set forth in the manual.
- Train the Sales Department in accordance with the programs and procedures of the training system, so that each individual assigned has both the knowledge and skills to fulfill job responsibilities and achieve Company and Supplier objectives.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support needed to attain the commitment and motivation of the Sales Department to achieve Company and Supplier objectives.
- Perform tasks necessary to achieve the quota/objectives established.
- Conduct Sales meetings as needed to effectively communicate objectives, programs, strategies, policies and procedures.
- Measure through reports, field work-withs, and retail, audit results vs. objectives during implementation of programs to ensure overall success.
- Evaluate to determine the cause of Sales and merchandising problems identified.
- Provide management with specific, current information on Supplier, market problems and Sales/merchandising results.
- Formulate recommendations that will strengthen the sales and merchandising results for Supplier’s brands at National Accounts.
- Responsible for all Sales expenses and budgets, while achieving key Supplier case and revenue objectives.
- Supplier Responsibilities - Participates indirectly in the supervision of the house on premise sales team as applicable to national accounts. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training associates; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management (e.g. WSSM, TOPS, FOCUS MARKETING, ANALYTICAL TRAINING).
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in sales and management with a focus in the food service channel is required.
- Must have minimum of 2 years experience selling to and managing National and/or Regional On Premise Accounts.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Beverage Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available Here, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call (708) 298-3536 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.