Firestone Walker Brewing Co.
ManufacturerView Full Profile
About The Position
Firestone Walker Brewing Company began as a small brewery with roots in the wine country on California’s Central Coast. Now a regional craft brewery, our singular purpose remains – to craft the world’s best beers. Passionately in pursuit of the perfect beer… and never satisfied.
As a Market Manager, your role is ultimately charged with increasing the sales of the most awarded beers in America. This includes direct responsibility for key on and off-premise accounts, increasing Sales & securing new distribution in existing and new accounts, and working closely with the distributor network in the assigned territory to maintain/develop all accounts.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
· Aggressively pursue new on & off-premise distribution
· Call on existing key accounts to retain/develop existing distribution, secure new distribution, make timely presentations and introduce new and “limited release” beers
· Execute weekly on and off -premise promotions and periodic special events that generate brand awareness and consumer sampling, as well as new distribution at target accounts
· Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with account staff and distributor sales personnel
· Travel to company sales meetings; participate in market blitzes in other territories, and otherwise work with other members of the FW team to execute/achieve the sales plan
· Complete necessary administrative reporting and communications on a timely basis
· Maintain all sales goals and personal budgets outlined to you and your territory
· Other duties as periodically assigned by your manager
· Bachelor’s degree and prior experience in a sales position; prior beer sales experience preferred
· Knowledge of all Firestone Walker beers, other craft beers and the craft beer community
· Strong oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills
· Strong persuasion skills: Ability to influence others decision making or persuading others to change their minds or behavior
· Active listening - This is the key to all sales presentations, understanding your goals can only be achieved by listening to account needs and filling those needs
· Excellent time management skills- able to be proactive and take initiative
· Excellent organization and coordination skills- Able to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently
· Social perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do
· Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences
· Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated programs (Windows, Microsoft office suite of programs)
· Decision making skills -collect, assess and interpret relevant information and make sound judgment
· Valid Driver License with a good driving record, a reliable, registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from accounts continuously
· Cicerone, or other Beer certification strongly preferred
· Must be available to work nights and weekends and work more than 40 hours per week; and lift and or move up to 50 pounds
· MUST RESIDE IN PORTLAND, OREGON
· MUST HAVE SUPPLIER OR DISTRIBUTOR EXPERIENCE
What Firestone Walker Offers:
· Competitive compensation package for an experienced individual with the right skills.
· An excellent benefits package including:
o 100% paid premiums for employee including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
o Accrued PTO (rate of 13 days per year)
o Accrued Sick Leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked) 24 hours max usage per year
o 401(k) retirement plan including company paid profit sharing & matching
o 8 paid holidays per year
Please submit a cover letter and resume with your work experience when applying here: http://www.firestonebeer.com/careers/Market Manager-Oregon
Firestone Walker is an Equal Opportunity Employer.