Bacardi U.S.A., Inc.
Importer and Production and Manufacturing
1862-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
About the role
In this role you will be accountable for creating value through driving sales and developing strong relationship with key customers in your dedicated territory. You will be driving the performance and growth of Bacardi’s brands within your territory through negotiating the commercial terms and building long lasting relationships with customers. Your strong communication, presentation, networking and interpersonal skills will be key to your success in this role.
- You will be responsible to deliver key sales and Commercial targets for your dedicated territory as determined by the Company’s financial plan.
- You are an important day-to-day face of Bacardi towards the customers in your dedicated territory and will act as the key contact for customers in that territory, driving new business and maintaining sustainable relationships.
- You will execute customer and shopper programs agreed in the Integrated Activity Plan (IAP).
- You will use Bacardi Commercial Way assets (e.g. Picture of Success) and approach with excellence to activate our brands to influence consumers at the point of purchase
- You will be accountable for optimizing the return on Investment across your territory
This role is varied and a large percentage of your time will be spent interacting with the local customers. As a result, you can expect to be travelling extensively within your territory in order to stay connected to all customers.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Deliver results and excellence in execution
- Deliver on key Depletion and Net Sales Value targets for assigned territory and area of focus
- Deliver on execution based KPI targets and work in partnership with cutomers / distributor to deliver excellence in execution
- Develop and manage the sales plan for your territory based on delivery of Commercial priorities and the Integrated Activity Plan (IAP)
- Manage territory / channel / account performance on a monthly/quarterly basis, working with customers / distributor to ensure delivery of forecast and budget (volume / value / execution) in line with Bacardi Scorecard
- Deliver impact from customer and purchaser programs agreed in the IAP against KPIs and territory targets
- Build and help implement joint BUSA-distributor business plan for market with clear tactics and goals
- Act as the leading customer contact, building effective long-term relationships with customers / distributors
- Provide input to the State Managers on key channel, customer and competitive activity
- Communicate effectively with customers to seek inputs for product and service improvement and resolve day-to-day operational questions/issues
- Manage price plans, discount plans and budgets
- Work closely with distributor Field Sales Managers and Sales Reps to ensure proper programming and execution in all chains. Utilize national programming as well as create local programs to drive increased sales. Utilize Strategic Plan & Power Period Calendar.
- Execute all pricing within strategy and budget while hitting key ads for all Power Periods. Utilize Suggested Strategic Pricing.
- Work with distributor’s Portfolio Manager to ensure that all programs are being maximized and executed in the field.
- With distributor, create and execute the yearly strategic plan. Track & monitor progress quarterly.
- With distributor Category Management Personnel, create and execute Category Management to ensure BUSA shelf presence and standards are maximized. Track & monitor progress quarterly.
- Build and deliver effective sales presentations for retail customer and in line with BUSAs Company Strategic Objectives and distributor Strategic Plan.
- Be proficient in analyzing data to understand market conditions, category share, competitive activity, and current trends to help develop plans to increase sales for existing and new products for BUSA.
- Secure new item placements and drive distribution of BUSA portfolio
- Create incremental pull programs to drive sales on risk items
Develop talent and capability
- Implement standardized Commercial best practices
- Have a thorough knowledge of Bacardi history and culture
- Connect resources and capabilities (e.g. Revenue Growth Management (RGM), Point of Sale (POS), research, selling support materials) to support local business objectives
Measures of success
- Performance: Achieve Depletion & Net Sales Value based targets vs.budget; Achieve market KPI targets
- Value share: Drive value share growth of key Bacardi brands
- Commercial scorecard: Achieve goals defined in Commercial Scorecard and Country Capability Action Plan
- Customer: Achieve target customer satisfaction measures
- Engagement: Support delivery of engagement and enablement activities in order to deliver sustained improvement as measured through the Emplyee Engagement Survey (EES)
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Well-developed written and verbal communication, including solid presentation skills
- Effective use of networking and strong interpersonal skills
- Confident presence and in person professional appearance
- Demonstrable track record of performance and delivery
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in MS Office
- Fluency in country’s most spoken languages
- 2 - 4 years solid Sales experience, preferably in the Spirits and/or Beverage industry; understanding of chain markets is ideal
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, or related field
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected, as a member of the Bacardi team, to develop towards all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution & Results / Lead Strategically & Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example / Develop and Inspire Talent
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.