Pernod Ricard USA
SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
- Local expert and advisor to field sales and distributor trade development team.
- Translates HQ Brand/TM strategy into a localized category marketing & activation plan; with some local program creation.
- Oversees execution and activation excellence for division to support sales/distributor network.
- Deep understanding and communication of local market-based insights and growth opportunities.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Implement HQ Brand/Trade Marketing strategy through localized marketing & activation plan.
- Maintain local expertise and identify opportunities based on market insights (channel, consumer, legal).
- Oversee and ensure excellence in activation and execution of national programs with localization.
- Set objectives, track results, measure program ROI, and provide market-based insights and feedback to HQ Brand Activation Marketing through KPI scorecard process.
- Track and manage category Annual Operating Plan and A&P.
- Provide “Voice of the Market” by providing understanding of local market dynamics to shape national strategy.
- Lead in executing special events (local and national).
- Lead POS/VAP orders for National and Local buys.
- APO management for local A&P specific to brand responsibility.
- Local Agency training and briefing for all channel execution for brand/s responsibility.
- Implement and communicate Annual Operating Plan and A&P plan (Distributor Trade Development (Dist. TD), Region Director (RD) and Sr Market Manager (Sr.MM)); A&P allocation from center.
- Evaluate potential programs and provide feedback to HQ Brand Activation and Brand Marketing teams during concept calls and road shows (HQ) .
- Ensure retail & distributor execution meets brand standards, logo usage guidelines, legal mandatories, and agreed upon program KPIs and objectives (partner with RD and Sr. MM).
- Identify local market intelligence and opportunities – consumer shifts/trends, channel dynamics, key account dynamics (RD and Sr. MM, Dist. TD).
- Train/brief dedicated sales team and full book sales teams on brand standards and guidelines (Division Marketing).
- Partner with Agency management to manage Brand locals.
Nature & Scope:
80%+ of programs activated in Division were national from HQ
Actively tracked/recap for +70% of programs
Participated in feedback process & shared business insight w/ HQ BAM
Quality of performance/support feedback from RD and FM
Quality of feedback from key dist. trade dev. & sales personnel
Local NNS targets achieved
Local depletions target achieved
A&P budget managed to plan
Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, Masters degree a plus.
Experience / Background: 5-10 years experience in consumer products marketing and/or sales with significant exposure to brand building activity. Previous work experience in the industry, or experience in the selling environment, from supplier or distributor a plus.
Most of work in division headquarters, distributor offices or home-office setting, with frequent travel to the markets covered. Must have valid driver's license.
Travel: Estimate: 20% of time.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila (through a joint venture with Tequila Avión); such superior wines as Jacob's Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry – and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
* Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
- Reports To Director, Market Activation