Position Open - Posted Thursday, October 11th 2018
Key Account Manager – Off-Premise Beer (National Chain Accounts)Denver Colorado Mid-Level Full Time Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Range:
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Reports to: TBD
About The Position
Join us for an exciting opportunity to help build a new National Accounts Beer Team to support the upcoming changes with Colorado beer laws! This position will be responsible for managing the relationship with key national retail accounts across Grocery, C-Store, Mass, and Club chains as well as managing and coaching a team of sales representatives with assigned territories. Working closely with trade development, field sales, merchandisers and Business Managers, this role will be an integral part of growing the Breakthru beer business through proper planning, organization, training, and execution in retail chain accounts.
- Lead development of annual plans for key accounts that state agreed brand and consumer strategies and insure the delivery of business goals
- Maintains chain accounts, by effectively sustaining relationships with buyer(s), communicating marketing plans, presenting new products, display programs and merchandising concepts, delivering accurate monthly pricing to reflect the recommended retail prices and conducting business reviews as prescribed by management.
- Determines specific needs of chain by analyzing account sales data, IRI and Nielsen scan data, Spectra demographic data and any chain proprietary classifications as well as surveying for opportunities.
- Establishes merchandising objectives relative to brand priority for chain by understanding company priorities and defining POS needs to the supplier.
- Provide ongoing and current assessments of the results of plans by channel, by chain, and by account or individual customer
- Understands company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis by reviewing and maintaining accurate and up to date records.
- Ensures maximum brand visibility within the chain by maintaining account standards as determined by management and using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management.
- Maintains professional relationships with all suppliers by participating in effective supplier work-with sales calls.
- Supports sales representatives as a training and information resource by presenting and sharing chain(s) program commitments, account trends and brand knowledge.
- Conducts effective one on one weekly sales meetings with sales representatives by communicating sales objectives and programs, identifying opportunities, reviewing performance against goals, and guiding team members on how to close gaps.
- Develops and reviews performance enhancement plans for each sales representative by maintaining training files, conducting evaluations, monitoring 90-day evaluations on new hires, performing coaching calls, filling out MBOs and following up on progress as needed.
- Addresses any skill deficiencies of sales representatives by developing customized coaching plans, tracking progress and recording improvement against them.
- Participates in the associate interview and selection process by working with human resources to source candidates, schedule interviews, conduct interviews, and manage the on-boarding process.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience with national chains (grocery, convenience, mass, club)
- Minimum of 3 years sales, account management, or related experience is required
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office (specifically Excel and PowerPoint) and other common computer systems and software
- Must be a results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as strong customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Experience with data analysis, syndicated data (IRI/Nielsen), and data insights a plus
Beverage Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available Here, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call (708) 298-3536 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.