Retailer, Production and Manufacturing, Manufacturer, and SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
Public Goods' mission is to make premium-quality, healthy products affordable to everyone. And product development is at the heart of everything that makes Public Goods unique. Our product development team is obsessive about creating incredible experiences for our customers across a wide range of categories, always focused on our core values of healthy, essential and affordable.
The Junior Product Developer will be responsible for delivering on monthly product launch targets by partnering with primary and component manufacturers both domestically and internationally. This will be a challenging, rewarding opportunity for anyone pursuing a career in product development or related fields, including supply chain management.
- Have at least 1-2 years of experience in developing consumer products or in a related role, preferably in an ecommerce, CPG, and/or direct-to-consumer company.
- Be able to quickly develop key insights about new product categories to make decisions regarding features, supply chain considerations, aesthetics and pricing that will align with our customers’ needs.
- Have strong opinions about what makes a great product experience and be willing to support your positions with research.
- Feel comfortable quickly building working relationships with multiple vendors both by phone and email.
- Have negotiation experience in either a personal or professional capacity and be able to point to the specific results you achieved.
- Be willing and able to manage communications with 30-40 vendors concurrently.
- Embrace budgets and deadlines like your job depends on them.
- Understand that Public Goods is a startup and that your role and responsibilities will evolve as we grow.
- Competitive salary with options package.
- Full dental and medical.
- Quickly growing environment with kind, passionate people.
- Reports To COO
- Direct Reports 2