Bacardi U.S.A., Inc.
Importer and Production and Manufacturing
1862-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
About the Role
To help Bacardi win within the super / ultra premium market segment, the Incubation Brand Division was created in 2017. Brands within this division include: ST GERMAIN, Angel’s Envy, Single Malts (Aberfeldy, Craigellachie, Royal Brackla, The Deveron, Aultmore), Teeling, Leblon, Santa Teresa, Banks, Facundo Rums, Oxley and Noilly Prat. Our key to success is a highly tailored, narrow & deep approach to building brands via targeted distribution & best in class ambassadors. In this role you will be accountable for creating value through executing our strategy and driving sales by developing strong relationships with key customers, brand RMMs and Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits in your dedicated territory. You will be driving the performance and growth within your territory through negotiating the commercial terms and building long lasting relationships with customers. Your strong communication, presentation, networking and interpersonal skills will be key to your success in this role.
You will be responsible to deliver key Incubation brand sales and commercial targets for the state of CA as determined by the Company’s financial plan.
You are an important day-to-day face of Bacardi towards the distributors, customers, and agencies in your dedicated territory and will act as the key contact for those customers in that territory, driving new business and maintaining sustainable successful relationships.
You will execute customer programs as well as agreed to local programs and strategies planned in Anaplan
You will use Bacardi Commercial Way assets (e.g. Picture of Success/B.E.P) and approach with excellence to activate our brands to influence consumers at the point of purchase
You will be accountable for optimizing the return on investment across your territory
This role is varied and a large percentage of your time will be spent interacting with customers, distributors and the BAM / Portfolio manager community in the state of California.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Deliver results and excellence in execution
- Deliver on key Depletion and Net Sales Value targets for assigned territory and area of focus
- Deliver on execution based KPI targets and work in partnership with distributors to deliver excellence in execution
- Develop and manage the sales plan for your territory based on delivery of Commercial priorities and the Integrated Activity Plan (IAP)
- Ensure commercial execution in 60 Day Distribution Windows, BEP and Local Brand Based Incentive Programs
- Build, sustain, and grow relationships with top on premise accounts and leverage for results
- Manage promotional agencies (TEAM Enterprise)
- Manage On / Off Premise POS at various distributor warehouses statewide to ensure teams have needed tools
- Manage mixology and beverage specialist teams at SGWS and ensure that all Incubation ambassadors are fully linked into distributors & customers. Educate, set expectations, goal, and hold accountable teams. Strive to have BUSA best merchandised portfolio in state.
- Develop volume driving and brand awareness programs for on & off trade working with brand RMMs
- Manage territory / channel / account performance on a monthly/quarterly basis, working with customers / brokers to ensure delivery of forecast and budget (volume / value / execution) in line with Bacardi Scorecard
- Deliver impact from customer and purchaser programs agreed in the IAP against KPIs and territory targets
- Build and help implement joint BUSA-distributor business plan for market with clear tactics and goals
- Act as the leading customer contact, building effective long-term relationships with customers & distributors for Incubation brands
- Provide input to State Manager on key channel intelligence, customer information and competitive activity
- Communicate effectively with customers to seek inputs for product and service improvement and resolve day-to-day operational questions/issues
- Work with State Manager to manage market price plans, discount plans and budgets
- Work closely with distributor Managers, Sales Reps and brand RMMs to ensure proper programming and execution in accounts. Utilize national programming as well as create local programs to drive increased sales and net sales value
- Track and record menu activity within local key accounts and work with State Manager on local/regional menu pricing guardrails
- Work with State Manager and utilize suggested strategic ricing guardrails to influence pricing as needed at the channel level
- Work with Distributor Trade Development/Brand Manager to ensure that all programs are being maximized and executed in the field.
- Build and deliver effective sales presentations to state and key customers and in line with BUSAs Company Strategic Objectives.
- Be proficient in analyzing data to understand market conditions, category share, competitive activity, and current trends to help develop plans to increase sales for existing and new products for BUSA.
- Secure new item placements and drive distribution of BUSA portfolio items
- Create incremental pull programs to drive sales on risk items
- Be present in, engage, and/or entertain key accounts a minimum of 4 days per week
Develop Talent and Capability
- Be a single point of contact for all incubation resources in TBD market (RMMs, Ambassadors, Brand Teams)
- Implement standardized Commercial best practices
- Have a thorough knowledge of Bacardi history and culture
- Connect resources and capabilities (e.g. Customer Marketing), Point of Sale (POS), research, selling support materials) to support local business objectives
Measures of Success
- Performance: Achieve Depletion & Net Sales Value based targets vs.budget; Achieve market KPI targets
- Value share: Drive value share growth of key Bacardi brands
- Commercial scorecard: Achieve goals defined in Commercial Scorecard and Country Capability Action Plan
- Customer: Achieve target customer satisfaction measures
- Engagement: Support delivery of engagement and enablement activities in order to deliver sustained improvement as measured through the Employee Engagement Survey (EES)
- Innovation: Identify, develop, and make improvements to new ideas, techniques, procedures, services, or products
Critical Experiences for Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, or related field
- 4+ years solid Sales experience, preferably in the Spirits and/or Beverage industry; understanding of on premise channel is ideal
- Well-developed written and verbal communication, including solid presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial Mindset and Founder’s Mentality
- Effective use of networking and strong interpersonal skills
- Confident presence and in person professional appearance
- Demonstrable track record of performance and delivery
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in MS Office (Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
- Fluency in country’s most spoken language
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected, as a member of the Bacardi team, to develop towards all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution & Results / Lead Strategically & Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example / Develop and Inspire Talent
Our Ways of Working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.