Bacardi U.S.A., Inc.
Importer and Production and Manufacturing
1862-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
About the Role
The HR Specialist is responsible for performing HR related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated client groups. This positions manages the efficiency, effectiveness and maintenance of all applicable HRIS System (Workday) to support business needs.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Drive results & excellence in execution
- Assist and support HR Function with HR information system-related transactions, prepare both routine and complex reports, including, but not limited to, headcount, KPIs, and talent reviews data.
- Prepare and organize data validation for all internal HRIS and payroll Systems
- Develops and maintains actionable, proactive reports and metrics that offer strategic insight for HR and functional leaders for North America and LAC region
- Process transfers, promotions & terminations including but not limited to onboarding communications and development tools for managers
- Handles offboarding HRIS procedures for all employees, included but not limited, to preparation of severance calculations, agreements and compilation of Exit Interview data.
- Create, comply and maintain all primo records, manage compliance issues for headquarters offices.
- Handles VOEs and Unemployment claim process
- Partner with Legal function to review and maintain record retention activities according to policy. Including the management of electronic filing project
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed
- Maintain employee handbook updates, including policies and procedures, to allow one point of central policy data gathering. Including maintenance of ONE BACARDI portal for HR with communications team.
- Work closely with HR Operations Manager and Finance team to track structure cost budget and to ensure compliance for FY (fiscal year)
- Administers various human resource programs (Fleet Management, Service Awards, Dona Amalia, Reward & Recognition etc…), plans, processes and procedures for assigned client groups.
- Maintains organizational charts for assigned client groups.
- Participates in HR staff meetings and attends other required (cross-functional) meetings and seminars.
- Performs other related duties or ad-hoc projects as required and assigned.
- Keeps current on knowledge on HRIS systems to produce information for primos analysis, statistical data, and other primo related reports.
Measures of Success
- HRIS: Ensure 100% data accuracy for employees records in Workday
- Compliance: Ensure data audit, validation, payroll are responded within assigned timeline.
- Administration: Ensure process efficiency and operational tasks are frequently evaluated with a continues improvement goal.
- Customer Support: Ensure customer satisfaction is a top priority on all HR related objectives.
Critical Experiences for Success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Working knowledge of HR functions (including employment policies and practices, staffing, reporting tools, compensation & benefits, employee relations).
- Basic foundational knowledge of applicable US laws on employment practices.
- HR experience in a fast paced, customer focused environment;
- Builds strong partnerships to foster trust and accountability with all stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and support leaders and employees within the assigned client group(s);
- Ability to prepare and deliver appropriate presentations to HR Management or Senior Management, as needed.
- Solid foundation for planning and organizing.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment; resilient and flexible to work with diverse employee population.
- Resilient, flexible, and focused on solid execution.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality including ability to work under pressure and with accuracy regarding highly sensitive organizational information,
- Ability to communicate, guide and educate all levels of leaders and employees with confidence.
- Excellent computer skills to include MS Office, database management and Outlook.
- Work experience requirements
- 2-5 years’ experience in Human Resources with general knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- 2 -5 years of experience in Human Resources information systems (Avature, Workday, People Soft, Oracle, SAP)
- Ability to work in a group environment and independently.
- Advanced Excel skills is a plus. Working knowledge of other Microsoft Office Products and Workday system.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills a must.
- Educational requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resouces, Business, Organizational Development, Business or related field.
- Language Skills:
- Fluent English/ Spanish
- Ability to work effectively and achieve results in a matrix organization
- Ability to identify root cause issues and develop plans to resolve
- Skilled at organizing and prioritizing multiple projects and resource constraints to optimize results
- Ability to communicate effectively
Our Ways of Working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.