Position Open - Posted Friday, June 8th 2018
Head of Purchasing, Planning and Inventory MGMSeattle WA Mid-Level Full Time Operations
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Home or Centralized Office: Centralized
- Reports to:
About The Position
Purpose: Lead a small team of buyers, planners, and inventory professionals to replenish and distribute inventory through effective procurement and planning. Optimize inventory levels globally to balance cost, service and risk.
- Coordinates all replenishment buys with careful MRP analysis and cost management techniques.
- Owns creating and executing the monthly Buy Plan and Inventory Plan as core deliverables to Paula’s Choice’s Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process.
- Manages inventory stocking levels globally across 6 inventory nodes, executing transparent Distribution Requirements Planning and developing and implementing a global Safety Stock strategy.
- Leads a continuous improvement effort to improve data integrity, including item master management and bill of materials data.
- Mentors, Trains and Leads a team of buying, planning, and inventory professionals.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Capable of implementing global and local purchasing replenishment & safety stock tactics to reduce cost and only buy what is needed based on demand forecast MAPE to enable the execution of sales plans.
- Possesses the management expertise required to both define a vision and lead a team to success.
- Skilled with ideation, comprehension, and creation of actionable analytics used in purchasing and inventory planning utilizing MS Excel as primary software.
- Is comfortable thinking strategically as well us rolling up sleeves and getting into the details
- Is a Materials Requirements Planning expert.
- Understands the requirements of a tactical replenishment function including publicly managing expectations of optimizing inventory and service.
- Advanced Consumer Packaged Goods packaging knowledge.
- Has a bachelors degree in a technical discipline that demonstrates numerical mastery
- Has APICS CPIM Certification or equivalent experience
- 3+ years managing buying teams and functionality as well as a minimum of 5 years of direct planning experience
- 3+ years working in a CPG purchasing environment
Note: At any time, with or without notice, Paula’s Choice reserves the right to add/delete/change the position’s requirements.